Which one to buy? BX or X950H or..

Hi i am in the classic dilemma. with a budget around 1000, i am searching something for ps5 casual gaming and movies. at 55" i can buy now at 1100euros x950h or go with 55 BX Lg oled at around 1000euros and 5 year waranty. this whole hdmi 2.1 thing frustrates me. if i need it or not. are these panels good enough, are they future proof? my curent tv is a samsung b6000 40" which i have it for almost 12 years problem free! any help is appreciated. so many choices confused me :rotfl: my only concern with oled is kids..cartoon all day and tv is on for many hours

tvdavid

for your usage the XH95 then be worry-free plus will be much brighter. this why I went with the LED

tvdavid

I only have a ps4 pro but don't use it much need to get more games for it and this tv is far to big I game on my other 42 inch 1080P set. but its good for films.

Dodgexander

You should think about your viewing conditions and personal preferences. Comparing an LCD TV to an OLED is like comparing an apple to an orange.

Most people would agree that an OLED brings a lot more to the table, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that each TV does better than each other. Aside from technological differences there are also software and processing ones. Sony have a reputation for better motion processing, but there smart platform isn't as intuitive. On the other hand LG have one of the best and easiest to use smart platforms.

If you are intending to use the TV for repeated use of content with static logos or tickers, then its best to avoid OLED due to the risk of burn in.

You should think about your viewing conditions and personal preferences. Comparing an LCD TV to an OLED is like comparing an apple to an orange.

Most people would agree that an OLED brings a lot more to the table, but that doesn't mean there aren't things that each TV does better than each other. Aside from technological differences there are also software and processing ones. Sony have a reputation for better motion processing, but there smart platform isn't as intuitive. On the other hand LG have one of the best and easiest to use smart platforms.

If you are intending to use the TV for repeated use of content with static logos or tickers, then its best to avoid OLED due to the risk of burn in.
room is dark most of the day. no windows nearby. as for platform usage i dont have any problem at all. i have ps5 or pc to use my apps etc most of the time. my main concern now is the right panel to choose, as i intend to keep it 5+ years.i will buy 55" . x900h or x950h ... x900h is cheaper but i see many complaints with latest update. i lean towards x950h. samsung q80/q90 has no dolby vision/atmos but has 120hz.LG nano , cheaper, but does it worth? as you said brother, oled for me now is a no go...kids around the house...

Dodgexander

The Samsung Q90T is on par with the Sony XH9505.

The Q80T is a step down, more akin to the Sony XH9005.

All these TVs are 120hz at 55" sizes and up.

LG Nano series are not competitive with other LCD TVs.

Usually the XH9505 is better value than the Q90T, but it may change depending on locale. Samsung TVs have better gaming features and smart TV, but worse picture accuracy. The Q90T is a bit better at fighting glare and can get a little brighter than the Sony XH9505. On the other hand the Sony is has more picture accuracy and most people prefer their motion.

HDR support really is not as important as how well the TV can display HDR to begin with. All TVs can do HDR10 layer if Dolby Vision/HDR10+ isn't supported.

All TVs support sending atmos via HDMI, both from internal apps and external devices. No TV will replicate that sound via its internal speakers though, internal speakers will be poor.

The Samsung Q90T is on par with the Sony XH9505.

The Q80T is a step down, more akin to the Sony XH9005.

All these TVs are 120hz at 55" sizes and up.

LG Nano series are not competitive with other LCD TVs.

Usually the XH9505 is better value than the Q90T, but it may change depending on locale. Samsung TVs have better gaming features and smart TV, but worse picture accuracy. The Q90T is a bit better at fighting glare and can get a little brighter than the Sony XH9505. On the other hand the Sony is has more picture accuracy and most people prefer their motion.

HDR support really is not as important as how well the TV can display HDR to begin with. All TVs can do HDR10 layer if Dolby Vision/HDR10+ isn't supported.

All TVs support sending atmos via HDMI, both from internal apps and external devices. No TV will replicate that sound via its internal speakers though, internal speakers will be poor.
So the final battle is between Q90T and X9505..
In my country right now they sell :

Q95T and Q90T (both models same price) at 1299 euros ( 1532 dollars )

X950H 1099 euros (1296 dollars)

and

X900H 899euros (1060 dollars)
*all of them are 55" price

What do you think...?

thanks for your time

Dodgexander

The XH9005 has HDMI 2.1 that the XH9505 lacks, it means it supports 120hz mode in games at 4k. Albeit with a known blur issue. The problem though is that the XH9005 doesn't get very bright so HDR won't be great, for that you need to go for the XH9505.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom