1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one.Panny TH37PE30,SONY KLVL32M1S,Hitachi 32PD5200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jed, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Okay my head is done in, even my work mate's are banging there heads because of me :rotfl: Have a pile of Home Cinema mags on my desk and keep looking at each one every bait time. I don't make/have that much money so this is a massive purchase for me, and i just want to make sure i get it right. At the minute i have a Sony 28" Dolby Pro Logic widescreen,which apart from the size is brilliant.
    My viewing distance is also crucial, being around 2meters.

What i would really like is to hear vies from other owners of these machines, but further imput is mandatory. :)

Here is what i have got it down too. Just the 3.
    My definite limit is £2000, anything lower than that is a bonus so i can get wor lass a Dish washer :D.

Set my heart on the Panny 37"seen for price of £1990 without anything but then started to hear negative things about it.
    Will i need to have HDTV in a year and a half's time? I watch very little TV apart from the footie.

I am Cable and not Sky. (However i do realise that Cable get there feed from Sky dishes in there yard :).

Hitachi 32PD5200 seen for 1400-1500 with stand..Always seem's to get rave reviews, where ever you see it. Is it really that good Is it HD ready..?

And last but not least SONY KLVL32M1SSeen for 1600 with stand, really smart looking LCD and also a good size for my room. This one is HD ready.

Should also add. Warranty's.
    I can get a cheap LCD warranty but again wary of these Plasma warranty prices. Do i need more than a year.? Who's risked it. ?

So let me hear your thought's.

2. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That Hitatchi, is an absolute beauty. We sell that at work and the picture is cracking on it. And I do remember that on the ticket it says resolution 1024x1024 or something very similar to that. So yeah, it's HD ready. :)

What kind of price have you seen for both of them?

I mean, you could always get a 42" Panasonic PW6 for about £1600. And that's an absolute cracking TV, half the people on here own one. :)

3. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Have seen the Hitachi as low as £1400 on Kellkoo.

This pw6 i have also read a lot about, but a bit wary of having to include all these terminal boards, i followed a link to the one on AVSales and it had about 6 different boards. I also saw the 37" one which would probably suit me more because of my viewing distance.
    Where do you work ? Maybe some % off here guys :D

4. Scotty Boy

Scotty Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The 42" Panasonic, is £150 cheaper than the 37" version on av-sales.com !

http://www.av-sales.com/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42pwd6_plasma.html

That, along with...

Scart board (free)
    Stand (£125)
    Component Board for your DVD player (£120)

And you're still way under your £2k mark.

The only thing is, if you get a 32" or 37", are you going to wish you had gone for the bigger one in a few months down the line?

5. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm in the same boat. Don't like the Sony myself so am considering the others.

The Hitachi looks fab but I don't think it IS HD ready.

I'm also considering the Sharp GA4 32" LCD. That looks like a stunner.

Mind you the Viera 37" and stand and DVD recorder (E55) is £2199 at Unbeatable at the moment :D

6. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    So how good is this PW6. The thing that has me is the warranty. I know that the Plasma longevity is only half that of the LCD, what's the chances of it going Kapoot :) after a year.

Component Board for your DVD player (£120) I use my trusted Pioneer 303 All in one player. Can the board be used with my player. And probably more important, what does it do :) ?

Chris. Yes mate it's a minefield out there. It's so much money to throw around and end up having worse PQ as i have with my excellent Sony CRT.
    LMK which way you go.

Jed.

7. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Is Unbeatable internet based only.? I tried a price match with JL for the 37" with RGB direct but JL sent me a letter saying that RGB in store prices were not clear. ????? what the fudge it sounds to me like a way out of Never Knowingly Undersold. :suicide: If they had of said yes i would have had the Panny by now. That 5 year warranty is piece of mind, but i cannot afford to buy a seperate warranty. :(

8. vileda

vileda
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Search around for a seperate warranty if you feel you need one, just type warranties into google.co.uk and there are quite a few insurers who will insure plasmas. I think that TADL has the best rep in this area.

9. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I see AV Sales also do a decent priced Warranty. Most HighStreet retailers are telling me £1200 :shock:

I do like the look of the PW6 but all the connections are doing my head in. :)

Component Board for your DVD player (£120) Is this just for component leads. ??

Jed.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    JED Plasma life span is as good as LCD 60,000 hours to quote panny plasma and Sharp LCD figures.......... Chances of either going tits up exactly the same as they are both requiring PSU, Video processor, IR controller etc etc etc which is what goes tits up most often faults in the panels are rae and will show early besides with AV sales offering 5 year warranty on plasmas for £350 whats the big issue????????????????