Which one? Panasonic TX-L47ET5B or Samsung UE46ES6800

TragicGenome

Well time has come to replace my Samsung LE40M87BDX it has served us well for the last 4 years.

I've been out looking today and have set a budget of around £1000.

The two that have caught my eye is the Samsung UE46ES6800 which I can get for around £1018 or the Panasonic TX-L47ET5B which I think I'd look to get via and John Lewis price matching Comet for £810.

I've always been a Samsung guy however the Panasonic is £200 cheaper. Would just like some opinions on these two models, will I regret getting the Panasonic over the Samsung or is there any others I should be considering?

TragicGenome

I've still not made my purchase as I still can't decide and I've now added to my confusion the Samsung ES6300 it doesn't have the dual core the 6800 offers but it is a better set than the Panasonic? Been reading quite a bit now and the Panasonic appears to suffered bad from banding.

I hate buying a new Tv as I give my self a headache until I finally commit and make a purchase.

So if anyone is looking in would love some feedback.

soksy

Standard Member
hello there sleeper,i have the same Samsung myself just sent it back to knowhow (Curry's)again keeps switching of and on,and has a water type mark on screen.so i hope they cannot repair.i have looked at the Panasonic very nice with wifi passive 3d built in,i like passive better than samsung active.anyhow been into Curry's today and had a look at lg 47lm760t wow great picture in 2d and 3d.also built in wifi and 200Hz.and had a word with richer sounds about the Panasonic they told me this model is being discontinued.it will be the lg for me.forgot to say for £1199 you get tv lg 5.1 blu ray home system and a 3d camcorder at the minute.
regards soksy

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom