Question Which one of these TVs has the best picture quality?

Tenkuu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, which one of these TVs would be the best in terms of picture quality for 4k content and also 1080p upscaling?

Philips 50PUS7334
Sony KD49XG8396
Hisense 50U7B

The Sony is the better overall TV, the only to be using a 120hz panel.

Sony and Philips upscaling is very good.

Thanks for the reply. How would Panasonic TX-50GX800B compare to them?

Thanks for the reply. How would Panasonic TX-50GX800B compare to them?
Almost exactly the same as the Philips, the Panasonic is expensive for what you get, but will be the least troublesome when using HDR content of all three.

Its motion isn't great, again like the Philips but upscaling will be good.

So the Philips and Panasonic tvs are similar?

The Pus8204 good?
If the TV is 50" i'd wager next to each other you wouldn't even notice a difference between any of them. They all have the same strengths and weaknesses, my view is to spend as little as possible because you are not going to get a better TV by spending more money when comparing all these 50" models. This is why in my guide I recommend Hisense models before others. They are just as good and cost a fraction of the price.

It would be a mistake to think that by spending more on another budget range TV you are getting a better overall picture. You won't.

I have read that there has been a firmware update for the Hisense U7B to enable HDR10+ and have 120hz.

Know if this is true?

So the Hisense a good option compared to the LG SM8600 or is that more inferior?

I will be using the TV in the day for youtube viewing for the children.

And then in evenings a couple nights a week I will be watching 4K UHD Discs off my Panasonic UB820 Ultra HD Blu Ray Player.

Doesn't help.

That the same with the Panasonic GX800?

If for my usage would you choose the LG or Panasonic?

I only ask as both these come with 5 year warranty where the Hisense only 2 year

The Panasonic GX800 is the same performance as the Hisense U7B. Same characteristics.

I don't think I can help any more than I have. You'll have to weigh up the pros and cons in your situation and which you like the sound of the best based on that. I can't put a price on how much you personally value a longer warranty, nor do I know which will be better for you. That is up to you to decide.

It uses a VA type panel.

Sorry for all the questions, but I need a TV this week and am taking all your advice.

I have narrowed down to 3 finally. Which would you say is best for 4K movie playback and YouTube? And best purchase overall.

Hisense 50U7B
Panasonic GX800
LG SM8600

I mainly want the best picture quality to look outstanding.

All in 50", well the LG is 49"

Thank you again for your help.

Because 4k movies all use HDR you'll need the Panasonic GX800 to compress that data down and retain good colour. Therefore its the best option for you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom