1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one of these three?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by nyck, May 2, 2003.

1. nyck

nyck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after a basic DV camcorder I've narrowed it down to 3
    Panasonic NV DS60
    JVC GR D20
    CANON MV600
    There are all around £330 on the NET .I know the Panasonic is very small but has a smaller zoom the JVC and CANON are about the same.
    I just need peoples advice which make is better
    thanks nyck

2. lizaradley

lizaradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'm in the same position although I was also considering the Sony DCR-TRV14 which is a little more expensive - around £450. Whatever I get will ahave minimal use, just holidays, Xmas etc. I know me and the previous guy are at the lower end here but I'm new to this and maybe he is so any advice would be greatly appreciated. On spec these cameras are reasonably similar so what would be the benefit of one over the others.

Many thanks

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    nyck,
    most people tend to like or dislike a make due to their experience. One person might love a make and have a unit that lasts for years, but another person has several replacements etc and therefore hates that make.
    All the makes you list are well known and you can be sure that they will all have pros and cons.

lizaradley,
    all the different cams will have advantages/disadvantages. You just need to decide what you want from the cam. The differing specs even within the same price range are enormous.
    As for Sony, I normally find that the badge does add a premium to the price, but they do make very good camcorders.