Question Which one of these Belkin HDMI cables?

DiNZi

Hi all,

Quick question, I know they say difference is unnoticeable between HDMI Cables but if you had to choose which one would you go for?

51A-3nDi3mL._SY355_.jpg

Gold-Plated High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 4K/Ultra HD Compatible
Belkin video / audio / network... | F3Y021BF1M-WHT | £9.99 | Insight UK

400x400.jpg

HDTV High-Speed HDMI® Cable with Ethernet 4K/Ultra HD Compatible
Belkin High Speed HDMI Cable - vide... | AV10050-1M | £7.99 | Insight UK

They are almost the same price and can't pick between them, I will be buying three 1 meter cables and it will be used mainly for Home Cinema equipment, thanks.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Please note: To take advantage of 4K resolution, your connected device must have a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 or be Thunderbolt[emoji769] 2 technology ready' - some lines of complete tosh on those pages!

Any High Speed cable should be fine at 1080p - most 1m will also be fine for 2160p, you could look for a 'Premium High Speed' cable if you are going to be running 2160p.

Look for flexibility, strain relief and not too large a connector as 1m cables don't leave much spare cable.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It's also mislabelled - no such thing as an '2.0 HDMI' cable.

Joe

DiNZi

Looks like a Cable that has the latest standard of everything at such a good price. Up to 18Gbps too, not that I'll ever use that much.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

andy1249

Distinguished Member
HDMI.org is the official source for all things HDMI

Cables do not have " the latestest standards" or support features...all that can be honestly said about a cable is what bandwidth its capable of carrying and officially that means "standard" or " high speed" certification.
Anything else printed in an ad is sales BS.

See here
HDMI :: Manufacturer :: Trademark and Logo
Also see the link on left hand side about logo use, what is and what is not allowed.

Note: you can ignore the "with ethernet" types, that feature is optional and has never been implemented in any hardware.

I get mine in Tescos, they are usually less than a tenner and are the equal of any other working cable out there.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom