which one? mini i pod or zen micro??

T

t_kaay

hi, undecided between these two...which one do u think is the better? Seen a mate with a FM transmitter on his ipod so he can listen in the car....can u do that with zen? are there any others i should be considering? needs to be about the size of these 2 or smaller. need help deciding, thanks

t_kaay said:
hi, undecided between these two...which one do u think is the better? Seen a mate with a FM transmitter on his ipod so he can listen in the car....can u do that with zen? are there any others i should be considering? needs to be about the size of these 2 or smaller. need help deciding, thanks

I had the ZEN Micro, it's a great mp3 player: small, good display, long battery life (~8 hrs playback), good sound quality, ... but I sold it last week because I'm a minidisc user for almost 10 years and the quality of ATRAC3 is the best, so after selling my ZEN, I bought NW-HD3. I like it very much, good sound quality and battery life (almost 25 hrs!!!).

iPod sucks! less than 5 hrs battery life and use can't replace the battery by ur own, suck!

The iPod has the greatest range of accessories of any player so yes, you'll get a purpose-built FM transmitter for it, whereas all the others can only get generic stuff, which is often cheap and shoddy.

iPod battery life is not as bad as the rumours would have you believe, so don't make your decision on that - base it on build quality, accessory range, style, and backup service.

mick's cat said:
The iPod has the greatest range of accessories of any player so yes, you'll get a purpose-built FM transmitter for it, whereas all the others can only get generic stuff, which is often cheap and shoddy.

iPod battery life is not as bad as the rumours would have you believe, so don't make your decision on that - base it on build quality, accessory range, style, and backup service.

Maybe u'r right. I use my player everyday, so a long battery life is very important to me (too lazy to charge the battery everyday :p )

I cant decide between the 2 either. The ipod is the general favourite but zen micro has better battery life and is cheaper. Not too bothered about accessories. Have mini dics player at the moment but sick of having to carry so many discs around.

theroux said:
I cant decide between the 2 either. The ipod is the general favourite but zen micro has better battery life and is cheaper. Not too bothered about accessories. Have mini dics player at the moment but sick of having to carry so many discs around.

If u like the sound quality of minidisc, then u must buy NW-HD1/3.

I have a ZEN Micro - I love it. I can change the battery when the other runs out after 8-10 hrs! It has a built in FM radio, its tiny, has a cool blue light glow and can support MP3, WMA and Wav files. The accessories are starting to come out, now that the product has taken off. I have a FM transmitter in the car that I got off Ebay for about a fiver - works a treat. Oh..and the sound quality of the Micro is v.good compared to what I heard from an I-Pod. In short, i'm very fond of mine.

I think what that's suggesting is that each replaceable battery lasts 12 hours, so if you get 5 of them you have 60 hours supply.

With the i-pod you don't get a user replaceable battery, so your maximum battery life is what you can get from one cell.

Steve W

Get the ipod, since when did anyone say wow to anything but!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom