Which one? KDL55W829, UE55H6400 or 55AS650B

GregHill3

Standard Member
Need a new TV and I was hopiong for a good report from oliviasdad on his new toshiba, but it seems that it is not good news:(

So which of the above will give me the best all round experience as they can all be had for roughly the same money from JL. Read dood reports on the 50" sony model, and the 40" Sammy but nothing on the 55" variants, and nothing on the Panasonic

Want to order one as soon as possible as NBA finals are only days away

GregHill3

Standard Member
Been told I should look at Panasonic 55AS740 as it has better picture than the sony W8 series and also the sammy 7000 series, so will be looking into this as well as browsing the forum

GregHill3

Standard Member
Saw the 50w829 against the panny as740 and both my wife and preferred the sony, seems like the panny screen was more reflective than the sony, so went to place an order in JL for the 55. Only trouble was none in stock and website shows the model as 815, so not the right set. Guys in JL thought the tv was coming in to distribution centre on Tuesday, so will wait till then and try to order, they were not sure Anybody know if this is the case?

Dudewheresmydvd

Standard Member
What are your thoughts on the 55? i heard that some people got quite a bit of clouding/backlight bleed on the KDL55w829. I want to purchase this TV also but there are so many TVs and none have perfect reviews.

akkers

If you are thinking of the Panasonic then look at it very carefully in the store. Ask the staff to let you watch a movie excerpt with the motion interpolation (IFC) off. Then see if it suits your needs.
I recently bought a 50 inch AS650 and it had exceptional judder without the IFC. When I watched movies and turned on the IFC the pic looked like Eastenders. Look up 'Panasonic 50Hz bug' on google. I had to fight the store (Leeds Panasonic Store) through my solicitor; its still ongoing and I have been without a TV for weeks.
In the end only your eyes can make the decision for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom