• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Which one is the best?

vickster

Distinguished Member
What uses? Viewing angles? Lighting in room?

tvdavid

Samsung ue50tu8500 be best if in a darker room.

Dodgexander

50" TVs in your list are VA
49" IPS.

SM8600 probably best bang for buck since its a 2019 model with a 120hz panel. The others are overpriced, lower range 2020 models and shouldn't be considered right now. Prices on 2020 models are too high.

See comparable ranges between the years here:

If I was buying, I'd avoid all the TVs you are considering and opt for the Hisense U7Q or U8Q instead (and buy at least at Black Friday or later).

arthur1967

Novice Member

50" TVs in your list are VA
49" IPS.

SM8600 probably best bang for buck since its a 2019 model with a 120hz panel. The others are overpriced, lower range 2020 models and shouldn't be considered right now. Prices on 2020 models are too high.

See comparable ranges between the years here:

If I was buying, I'd avoid all the TVs you are considering and opt for the Hisense U7Q or U8Q instead (and buy at least at Black Friday or later).
Thanks! I am little bit worried looking at reviews about motion handling of the U7Q since I watch a lot of football. Let’s see ;-)

Dodgexander

Thanks! I am little bit worried looking at reviews about motion handling of the U7Q since I watch a lot of football. Let’s see ;-)
Motion is not a strong point of the U7Q, or any TV of similar calbre (60hz VA type panel). LG SM8600 will be better in that respect.

But motion is subjective. If you worry about the early problems with motion reported here on the forum, contact Hisense to get the updated software. Not sure its available OTA yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom