1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one is best? Sony KD32DX150 or Sony FQ75?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dockerslund, Mar 30, 2004.

1. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to rent a TV.
    I've got 2 choices.
    Either a
    Sony KD32DX150 (which has got a built in freeview box)
    or a
    Sony FQ75 (where I will get a freeview box incl. in the rental price)

They both cost the same per month.

The guy from the hireshop said that his honest opinion was that the FQ75 had a better picture quality than the KD32DX150.

How about the sound quality from the built in speakers? Are they the same quality on both models?

Hope someone can assist me.

2. Alandw

Alandw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted a brief review of the KD-32DX150 in this thread here

I have sinced tweaked the picture settings using Digital Video Essentials callibration disc, and got rid of most of the noise. If Top-up TV is of anyinterest to you, then this model has a CAM slot at the back and will hopefully be able to accept decoder cards for this service.

I plugged my exsisting Freeview box in to this TV via scart+RGB, but did not think the picture was as good as the internal digital tuner, and neither wiould the picture from the external box actually fill the screen properly. There was a lot of wasted space. Wether this is true of all boxes or not I don't know!

Hope this might help you decide.

Regards Alan

3. Phil_S

Phil_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Humax PVR-8000T connected to my DX150. Pictures viewed through the box automatically display in the correct aspect ratio just as they do on the TV (apart from some of the Humax's own menu screens, but that is a known bug which Humax have told me they hope to fix in a software upgrade). I have the DX150 set to display programmes in the correct aspect ratio, as I dislike the distortion that smart mode introduces.

As for picture quality, there's honestly not much in it between DTT viewed through the Humax or the set's internal tuner.

I would say that the DX150 is definitely a TV that requires a good signal to get the best out of it. The picture can look terrible with a poor quality input, but given a good signal the picture is terrific.

4. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for your replies.

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Go for the DX150 - newer set, and has 2x RGB capable scarts (FQ75 has only 1).

6. dockerslund

dockerslund
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'm confused now.
    Are there any websites, where I can read and compare reviews between the two?
    I was told that there sometimes could be problems with the build-in freeview box.