1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one....Infocus X1 or 425z

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dynamikz, Oct 29, 2003.

1. dynamikz

dynamikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which one is the better projector? I have the 425z, but am thinking about getting a X1.

Thank you for the input!!!

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Welcome aboard dynamikz.

I had a infocus 425z and it was a great projector in it's day but is getting outpaced by the newer competition pretty fast these days.

Even the Panasonic AE100 is a good step up from this projector and you can
    pick them up mega cheap at the mo.

I've got a Panasonic AE200 which for the money is amazing. I've also heard it said on the US avsforum that a lot of people that have compared the tAE200 and the X1 together say the AE200 gives a more filmic presentation.

Either way you go. I would imagine either would be like night and day (and also a lot quieter) compared to the 425z.

3. dynamikz

dynamikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info! I am going to give the X1 a shot...

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Lets us know how you get on...

5. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi dynamikz

Don't forget to checkout the FAQ section at the top of this section as it has a very good X1 link. Personally (I have an X1) I feel for its price point this PJ offers exceptional value. Yes it only has a four (three in film mode) segment 2 times colour wheel, limited input flexibility, may be considered quite noisy and only has a 4:3 native format – but the picture quality can be astounding. I can think of no PJ at under £800 (don’t forget to checkout some of the clones, like the IBM) that even comes close. Just get a demo and enjoy.

Paul

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't recommend a career in sales :D

X1 is OK but the rainbow issue is probably it's biggest downside. Would definitely recommend a demo before purchase.

:smoke:

7. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Kramer

just telling it like it is.:D

Without question no one should ever just blindly purchase any expensive piece of kit without trying it out first (unless they have money to burn). However, even with all the supposed limitations due to the spec - the X1 can give exceptional results far beyond a similar priced LCD machine.;)

Paul

8. agendrano

agendrano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered the Infocus X1 without trying it first, based mainly on the posts in this forum and the HTF forum in the US.

I live in the Philippines and I cannot find any dealer locally so I did order it from Singapore.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, though the dealer in Singapore assured me that I can return the PJ for a credit if I did not find it satisfactory.