Which one I should get? A1e or Ez1000

Puccainbkk

I am not sure where can I post..
but I did put up here ..

I had pre order 65A1, but I still feel indecisive because of the different attributes, positive and negative, between 65ez1000 and A1e.

Which one I should get?

I compared A1 with C7 but when my partner and I saw both of them we agreed the A1 outperformed the C7 in several areas.

We still watch a lot of FullHD, DirectTV using media box downloads and streaming etc… but also find 4K is noticeably blurry using this method.

I know Panasonic is better in many instances but A1 is very strong with its processing…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated…

PS: We hear that A1 will be launched at the end of this month but Ez1000 will be launched around October… AND Ez1000 will cost more than A1, around AU$1500 more even with discount…

Dodgexander

The EZ1000 isn't as good value, you want to be looking at the EZ950 to be more on equal terms with the Sony A1.

I do not believe the extra is warranted for the Panasonic. It is not that much better than the other OLEDs.

The main reason to go with the A1 or the EZ950/EZ952 over the LG B7/C7 would be picture processing.

B/C7= Better value, ok sound
E7= Better sound
A1 = Better picture processing, better sound
EZ9= Better picture processing, ok sound - no dolby vision support.
EZ1= Better picture processing, better sound, better anti reflective filter - no dolby vision support.

I believe you have made the right choice, but only really because you can't compare the EZ1 in price. Even so the EZ9 still has no dolby vision support which makes the Sony more attractive as it gets it in the future.

If you use a separate sound solution, consider saving and getting the B7 or C7 instead.

BTW I see you are in Thailand but quoting AUD. My comparisons can only be made based on pricing here in the UK. It may be different where you are purchasing the TV. For example, if the Sony A1 is similar in price to the LG B7/C7 then obviously it is a more attractive buy.

Puccainbkk

Thank you so much Dodgexander
You are so kind and always. We do not have 55" or 65 " Ez950/Ez952 in Thailand. There are only 65Ez1 and 77Ez1 will sell.
We are going with A1 coz better picture processing what we saw in action of A1.
A1 is similar in price with E7...
C7/B7 is the cheapest and yes it is more attractive value as same as when you compare the price between A1 with Ez1000
Thank you again.

Puccainbkk

Update the price at the moment.

I just try to explain the price at the moment. Most the time, LG is big discount BUT we you must wait..and keep eyes on LG. Sony and Pana are not easy discount.

65A1e tag price UK 5112 expect to get by first week of next month
pre order from now UK4334( already deposit UK220 I can get it back if I cancel ) + 3 years warranty + PS4pro 1TB+ 1item 4k game .
I can sell PS4 to get money UK280, I will totally pay for 65A1e around UK 4054

Ez1 tag price UK5554 pre order and will get it in October
pre order NOW UK4867 (you will have to pay 40% to deposit) + 3 years warranty + UD400 4k Blueray player, I can sell not over UK 200-220
totally pay for Ez1 around UK4667

E7 tag price is UK5556 can get it in one week.
Today I can get around UK4000-4220 but 1 year warranty but we will really pay extra warranty to cover 3 years aboutUK320
totally pay for E7 UK4320-4540

B7 or C7 tag price UK 3998
I can get around UK 2900-3200 1 year warranty if you get extra 2 year will pay 8% on top .

Dodgexander

The Sony still looks the most promising between Panasonic and Sony because of the Dolby vision support, plus it's a lot cheaper than Panasonic, but the extra isn't worth it over the B7 or C7 unless you want better sound. With 8% on 3200 you are still paying extra 400 at least for Sony including the sale of the ps4.

Whether you think that's worth it is up to you. You pay for better picture processing and better sound with the a1.

dmw3

Update the price at the moment.

I just try to explain the price at the moment. Most the time, LG is big discount BUT we you must wait..and keep eyes on LG. Sony and Pana are not easy discount.

65A1e tag price UK 5112 expect to get by first week of next month
pre order from now UK4334( already deposit UK220 I can get it back if I cancel ) + 3 years warranty + PS4pro 1TB+ 1item 4k game .
I can sell PS4 to get money UK280, I will totally pay for 65A1e around UK 4054

Ez1 tag price UK5554 pre order and will get it in October
pre order NOW UK4867 (you will have to pay 40% to deposit) + 3 years warranty + UD400 4k Blueray player, I can sell not over UK 200-220
totally pay for Ez1 around UK4667

E7 tag price is UK5556 can get it in one week.
Today I can get around UK4000-4220 but 1 year warranty but we will really pay extra warranty to cover 3 years aboutUK320
totally pay for E7 UK4320-4540

B7 or C7 tag price UK 3998
I can get around UK 2900-3200 1 year warranty if you get extra 2 year will pay 8% on top .
Personally I'd go for the B7/C7 and spend the money you save over the Sony and the Panasonic on a soundbar. That way you would have better sound than either of the Sony's or the Panasonic and still have a couple of hundred left over.

The other alternative is to wait until the autumn sales and discounts start kicking in, or the post Christmas ones if you really want the A1. With makes like Sony and Panasonic you won't see any substantial drop in price until later this year. They are darn good TVs, I walk past a display A1 in the shop window of Sevenoaks Hi-Fi during my lunch break and it's got a great picture but not over £1000 worth better than a B7 or C7, or my 1080 910V for that matter!

the technology is moving fast, so unless you have money to burn, I'd go for the LG Oleds, buy a soundbar knowing that in about 3 to 5 years, there will be substantial improvements and the software/format of HDR will (Hopefully) be settled. Oh that and your soundbar will still be worthy of your next TV.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
spent it on proper speakers.

i really question anyone investing that much money on TV if they're relying on the TV's speakers.

good speakers will outlast your TV and provide WAY more immersion than a TV's speakers or a soundbar can.

Dodgexander

I think most people on here will be buying the B7/C7 just because they are so much cheaper and then pair it with their own sound system.

I think if you are not going to use your own sound system, for sure go with the A1 or EZ1000 instead of the E7. But thats only because of the lack of frame insertion on the E7. Just gotta bear in mind that the price difference between A1/EZ1000 and B7/C7 is so great you will be able to afford a much greater sounding system to accompany the TV.

But to be honest, since frame insertion also lowers brightness and because most people don't calibrate/use settings on the tv's those extra motion options will be wasted.

All 3 TVs behave the same with motion out of the box.

I personally do not think upscaling or deinterlacing is any better on the Sony or Panasonic vs the LG. But some people seem to laud Sonys new upscaling engine.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I cannot reiterate anymore, split your budget in half and buy an avr, subwoofer and 5 speaker surround.

Anyone that's experienced good sound will probably agree I'd take a 1k Tv plus a 2k sound system over a 5k Tv or a 4K Tv plus sound bar any day.

dmw3

I think most people on here will be buying the B7/C7 just because they are so much cheaper and then pair it with their own sound system.

I think if you are not going to use your own sound system, for sure go with the A1 or EZ1000 instead of the E7. But thats only because of the lack of frame insertion on the E7. Just gotta bear in mind that the price difference between A1/EZ1000 and B7/C7 is so great you will be able to afford a much greater sounding system to accompany the TV.

But to be honest, since frame insertion also lowers brightness and because most people don't calibrate/use settings on the tv's those extra motion options will be wasted.

All 3 TVs behave the same with motion out of the box.

I personally do not think upscaling or deinterlacing is any better on the Sony or Panasonic vs the LG. But some people seem to laud Sonys new upscaling engine.
I also think the current lack of a universal HDR standard for software/broadcasting is an issue when investing £1000s in a TV. No TV at the moment is future proof in the way buying a good 1080p TV was 7 odd years ago when it comes to the actually picture on the panel and the AV connectors. There are no Kuro's as yet for the UHD generation.

The problem when answering this question on these boards is that there are basically two types of consumers when it comes to high end TVs. Those that save and consider it a major but, worthwhile investment and weigh up not just the pros and cons of individual models, but value per £, including potential lifespan in terms of advancements/picture tech.

the second group, are the regular upgraders with money to indulge in their AV hobby. Those that lay down between £1500 and £3K for a top end TV every couple of years, or every year because they can afford it. Note; these consumers are the ones driving the market for high end TVs and constant improvements.

So it depends what category the OP falls into. If a couple of thousand is loose change, then enjoy an A1, if it's a considered purchase about quality and value then go for the LGs and buy a sound system that will probably still being used long after the LG has been sold on Gumtree.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom