Which one Epson EH-TW5800 or Panasonic PT-AE4000e

arifuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Which one Epson EH-TW5800 or Panasonic PT-AE4000e.

Both are on sale on ebay for £1700. The Epson (rrp £3500) is from a dealer and comes with the 5yr warranty, the panny (RRP £2400) is a private sale, both have only limited usage.

The only thing swinging me to the Epson is the 5yr guarantee, but then again a Panny is a Panny.

I cannot seem to find anywhere near home that can demo any sort of projector and my existing projector is now resting in the attic as it is 12 years old an is not compatible with the Blue Ray, so I'm expecting a huge jump in quality.

Also will these projectors accept a signal from a 3d blue ray if playing a std blue ray disc (not 3d), I'm a bit concerned about the hdmi 1.4 compatability.

Thanks

I'd seriously consider checking to see whether you can still get a JVC HD350 from Richer Sounds brand new for £1,699. It will seriously blow either of these machines out of the water in tems of image quality.

Thanks, and yes they do, I'll read the reviews - probably make a decision today.

Thanks very much

Update - ordered the JVC HD350 today. Could not find any reviews that rated it less than a 4.5/5. Can't wait, still have not told the wife - trying to find the right moment :)

Looks like I got the last one from Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom