which one can i choose

nickcurtis

Standard Member
i have a basic yamaha av reciever and basic yamaha speakers 5.1 ( got av box and speakers for £200 a year ago) i have about £200 to spend what should i buy first speakers or av reciever

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What are the model numbers etc?
This will help to pinpoint what you have so what is best to upgrade first.
was it an all in one system or separates?
A lot of speakers from all in one systems can not be used with separate AV amps

nickcurtis

Standard Member
What are the model numbers etc?
This will help to pinpoint what you have so what is best to upgrade first.
was it an all in one system or separates?
A lot of speakers from all in one systems can not be used with separate AV amps
the speakers are yamaha nsp110 and my amp is rx-v361 and i could maybe make £250 to spend

PSM1

Distinguished Member
A basic HD amp would be £250 for the Onkyo 507 (also a yamaha at the same price but can not remember number).
Or you could upgrade the speakers to a Jamo set.
What sources do you have?
If you have a BR player or PS3 then I would be tempted to go for the amp upgrade to get HD audio.
If you have no BR and not going to get one in a while then go for a speaker upgrade.

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
If you can live without HD audio (and TBH with your current speakers, you wouldn't notice the difference), you're best to go for the Jamo speaker package at about £220. These will work well with the Yamaha amp.

Your current speakers can be had for £80, so you should see a big improvment with the Jamos. Replacing the amp, with a similarly priced amp won't give any sound improvment IMHO.

Jamo A102HCS5 5.1 Speaker Package 500W - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

YAMAHA NSP110 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom