Which Oled is better for me?

Gamer1234

Novice Member
Hi guys, I am upgrading to an Oled shortly and need some serious advice on something.

I am a serious gamer (favourite is PS5) and also a tv show fan loving my boxsets and such and need an Oled which can do both very well. Because of my short-sightedness I normally sit about two - three feet away from the screen.

I have narrowed it down to the G1 or the A80J. Having seen these both on display and having watched video reviews I'm not sure which is best for me.

The A80J has better picture quality and is more immersive but the G1 has better gaming features. 65 inches is my preferred size.

Which one should I take the plunge on? This TV needs to keep me happy for a good few years at least. I don't mind the cheaper C1 or even CX if the difference isn't so vast but really with my eyesight and love of immersion I am happy to pay a premium if its what I really need.

Thank you.

Edit: - Is the Brightness difference between the C1 and G1 noticeable? What really makes the £500 difference?

Last edited:

deon444

Distinguished Member
If you're a serious gamer then it should really be either the C1 or G1,one of the main features of the g1 vs is flush wall mounting over the c1. But doubt you're gonna wall mount it. Difference in pic quality is minimal, so just get the c1 and use the extra left over to buy games/accessories etc

Gamer1234

Novice Member
If you're a serious gamer then it should really be either the C1 or G1,one of the main features of the g1 vs is flush wall mounting over the c1. But doubt you're gonna wall mount it. Difference in pic quality is minimal, so just get the c1 and use the extra left over to buy games/accessories etc
I can get the 65 CX for £1250 vs the C1 for £1950. Is the difference really £700?

Also, are LG good at looking after their products long term? I.e. firmware, updates, customer service and so on. One of the reasons I've switched back to console gaming is the nightmare of looking after a gaming pc and all its software and hardware.

And can you wall mount both the C1 and G1?

brodders1979

I can get the 65 CX for £1250 vs the C1 for £1950. Is the difference really £700?

Also, are LG good at looking after their products long term? I.e. firmware, updates, customer service and so on. One of the reasons I've switched back to console gaming is the nightmare of looking after a gaming pc and all its software and hardware.

And can you wall mount both the C1 and G1?
Where can you buy the 65 cx and c1 at those prices?

Gamer1234

Novice Member
Apologies I forgot to add I got a voucher for my birthday recently and combining that with LG’s 10% off gets me down to those deals. The CX 65 inch is 1570 or something at Richer Sounds. You guys have heard of that company right I couldn’t find them in the Oled price deals thread.

Gamer1234

Novice Member
Is the C1 brighter than the CX in HDR and SDR?

And how does motio compare to the A80j?

Last edited:

JamesP1701

If it's any help, I have a slightly older C8 OLED and use for both TV/Film and a lot of gaming. Hands down the best TV I've ever owned.

mikej

Because of my short-sightedness I normally sit about two - three feet away from the screen.
If you're looking at 65", bear in mind you won't be able to see the whole screen from 2 feet away without turning your head, which is going to make both gaming and watching TV a pretty uncomfortable experience.

I'm all for immersion, but attempting to watch a 65" screen from 2ft away is crazy IMO and it can't be good for your eyes, either. HDR on a capable TV at that distance would also be blindingly bright.

mikej

Apologies I forgot to add I got a voucher for my birthday recently and combining that with LG’s 10% off gets me down to those deals. The CX 65 inch is 1570 or something at Richer Sounds. You guys have heard of that company right I couldn’t find them in the Oled price deals thread.
I'm not sure which thread you're talking about, but Richer Sounds get mentioned in the OLED Price Changes thread on a regular basis, mainly because their prices are usually competitive and usually include a free 6 year warranty. They also have physical stores where you can view and demo TVs and other AV gear. I've bought many AV products from them over the years.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom