Which OLED for Movies & Sport?

Conor1971

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys….once again looking for some much needed advice.

Its finally time to buy that OLED I’ve been promising myself, especially coming up to Black Friday. Moving from a 13 year old Panasonic Plasma (which is still to superb) to buying an OLED.

It will be wall mounted and viewing distance is just over 3 metres so am thinking a 65”. Does that make sense or is that too big?

Viewing wise it will be a lot of Sport via Sky Q and the BT Sports app, and films/TV via Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney and Apple (via a Roku stick). Rarely watch SD, it’s all HD. Not a gamer. Sound is also important but as I live in an apartmeant I was thinking more either integrated sound bar or buying a separate one.

I had previously thought about one of this years Panasonic‘s but it seems they aren’t as good as last years models. So I was thinking one of the new Philips (reviews are stellar) but I’m happy to be convinced otherwise with either LG, Sony or Panny. Budget is £2K -£2.5k for both TV and Soundbar.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

The Sony A80J would be top of my list. See here:

3m is plenty for a 65, you could go for an 85" TV at that distance.

That’s a really interesting thread @Dodgexander thanks for that. The Sony hasn’t even been on my radar but now looking at the reviews, it should have been. Sounds a brilliant TV.

I see What HIFi review recommended a separate sound bar (at least the Sonos Arc) so that’s a good pointer as well.

Now just a matter of waiting for Black Friday and keeping an eye on the price to drop!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom