Which of you sabatoged your internet

Det

Distinguished Member
for a better gameplay experience on MW3 sans lag?

I'm curious. Also, could you put how often you get host in terms of a rough percentage and what your D/L and U/L speeds are (before and after if you're a sabatuer).

Just trying to decipher who has the better experience and why.

wbabbington

I haven't messed with my connections but then again I dont have an amazing connection.

Usually have around 8 d/l and 1 u/l and the usual occasional laggy game but more often then not its pretty good.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I haven't messed with my connections but then again I dont have an amazing connection.

Usually have around 8 d/l and 1 u/l and the usual occasional laggy game but more often then not its pretty good.

Same as Will. Only time i get lag problems is when i'm host which is quite rare for me. Then i only back out and go into another game.

Overall i've been pretty happy with my MW3 experience so far.

If it came to nerfing my net to play a game then i just wouldnt play the game.

lovemovies

Novice Member
BT Infinity with around 38 down and 10 up. The ping fluctuates from late teens to early twenties. PS3 is usually wired and in the DMZ.

This made the game unplayable for me. I would be over a second behind other players or at the point were every other player appeared to have super human reflexes or the power to not notice I shot them in the back 10 times already. I would be host more than 75% of the time.

I am now playing at what I believe to be a healthy balance of win, draw or loose by running utorrent on my laptop and streaming a 1080p movies off the net, and connecting my PS3 wirelessly as well as taking it out of the DMZ.

I don't want to continue using this method. So I have just ordered a Billion router that is supposed to work on BT Infinity. As well as that it has QOS which I hope to use recreate my existing method of getting a level playing field.

I still get picked as host, but not as much as before. I know exactly when I am host as every other player becomes superhuman again, and my character seems very sluggish.

Last edited:

AllThatDaz

Noob question....how do you tell if you are host in this game?

philbot

I am always host when I play with my mates - on Virgin 50MB and I suffered with terrible lag. Wasn't jerky, I was just behind by about 1 second.

I was wired, but changed to a wireless connection and since then I'm not host every time. Now I do have some good games, but still lag when I'm host

lovemovies

Novice Member
For me it is that every other player has superhuman reflexes, my bullets have no effect, I lag behind the game by over a second at times, and the movement of my character is very slow/sluggish. The last giveaway is that the game has to host migrate when I choose to leave the game.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Noob question....how do you tell if you are host in this game?

I found out when i quit as i was well behind the game in terms of action losing one on ones all the time even when i knew i was firing first. Wheen i quit it did the host changeover.

It used to be you could tell when loading into the game and quickly bringing up the scoreboard and if you were the only one on full bars then your host. (I've not done that much so dont know if that method still applys in MW3, but sure everytime i've done it theres always been a few on full so could never tell)

uzer

I was getting 15 down and 7-8 up with a 30ms ping prior to nerfing. Was getting host probably 1/5 the time.

I nerfed my internet down to 1mb/s down and 250 kb/s up and maintained a ping of around 30-40ms. I then NEVER got host. And the game was descent, but not MW2 quality.

I then stopped nerfing my net because it was a pain in the ass and everytime I did it it would cause problems with all things connected wirelessly. So I basically stopped playing frequently. And don't even bother anymore.

AllThatDaz

Cheers Chalky. Confirms my thoughts that there is no easy way to tell except for quitting and seeing if the just migration thing pops up.

I'm fairly sure I don't get host, but I can still lag like a good 'un!

The only nerfing I do is to load up a YT film as I can't alter the qos on my router. The drop off in d/l, u/l and ping is minimal

uzer said:
I was getting 15 down and 7-8 up with a 30ms ping prior to nerfing. Was getting host probably 1/5 the time.

I nerfed my internet down to 1mb/s down and 250 kb/s up and maintained a ping of around 30-40ms. I then NEVER got host. And the game was descent, but not MW2 quality.

I then stopped nerfing my net because it was a pain in the ass and everytime I did it it would cause problems with all things connected wirelessly. So I basically stopped playing frequently. And don't even bother anymore.

Wow. Random balance of down/upload.
Never known anybody have 15mb down 8mb up!

Mine is 33mb down, 3.5mb up. Ping about 20ms. I get host almost every game. When I play with the other GNE1 lads it's ok cos we do well as a team and i can play more strategically but dealing with the massive delay when not in a party is not enjoyable.

Gonna give it til late Jan. if not better will sell the game. Such a shame as I do love the game itself, but it's practically unplayable

mark74uk

Distinguished Member
BT Infinity with around 38 down and 10 up. The ping fluctuates from late teens to early twenties. PS3 is usually wired and in the DMZ.

This made the game unplayable for me. I would be over a second behind other players or at the point were every other player appeared to have super human reflexes or the power to not notice I shot them in the back 10 times already. I would be host more than 75% of the time.

I am now playing at what I believe to be a healthy balance of win, draw or loose by running utorrent on my laptop and streaming a 1080p movies off the net, and connecting my PS3 wirelessly as well as taking it out of the DMZ.

I don't want to continue using this method. So I have just ordered a Billion router that is supposed to work on BT Infinity. As well as that it has QOS which I hope to use recreate my existing method of getting a level playing field.

I still get picked as host, but not as much as before. I know exactly when I am host as every other player becomes superhuman again, and my character seems very sluggish.

Pretty much the same here. I have BTInfinity, 38 down, 8 up and pulling host a significant amount and seemingly a mile behind the pace half the time, making it impossible to post respectable scores

All i have done is restrict my upload speed to 0.5mb and now i do not seem to pull host anywhere as much. Don't get me wrong it is still hopeless some games but on the whole i have seen an improvement. It is a sorry state of affairs.

uzer

Wow. Random balance of down/upload.
Never known anybody have 15mb down 8mb up!

Mine is 33mb down, 3.5mb up. Ping about 20ms. I get host almost every game. When I play with the other GNE1 lads it's ok cos we do well as a team and i can play more strategically but dealing with the massive delay when not in a party is not enjoyable.

Gonna give it til late Jan. if not better will sell the game. Such a shame as I do love the game itself, but it's practically unplayable

Yea, my internet gets pretty wild. When I first nerfed it, i was getting like 100kb/s down and 50 kb/s up.

It was so bad that when my buddy and I dropped into a survival mode game on Arkaden, our games like seperated from each other but voice comms stayed active. My character on his screen would just stand idle and his character on my screen would do the same. Even though we were both still actually playing.

Took us a few rounds to figure it out as we were constantly bitching at each other about being downed all the time. :laugh:

Det

Distinguished Member
lol... that happened to Gat and I when we played.

uzer

lol... that happened to Gat and I when we played.

Yea, it was pretty wild. What I like is I can still play MW3 for trophies...I only have like 4 left to get for Plat...and all of them are just ranking up my dude...and I think I have like 3 more levels that I have to get to "wave 15".

So a little MW3, but I try to stay away from MP unless I have a good feeling or a full party so we don't get team killed.

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
50Mbs down
2Mbs up
Ping under 30

Not had any lag tbh , actually I have once the other night when partied up with askew and a few others one of the guys connection was on orange bar throughout a few games were a bit sluggish.

Not felt the need to nerf my connection I currently play over wireless and router is situated downstairs , ps3 upstairs

rousetafarian

So I guess being host is baaaaad?

With a maximum 5Mb d/l and 2mB u/l, (and thats after I plugged my wireless router into the Master BT socket) I guess I am at a disadvantage, bear in mind I couldn't hit a barn-door from 10 yards after last nights performance, and am **** at COD.

Am I less likely to be host then? And is this a good thing?

BaldyBonito

As said det.. None of the big hitters have changed their settings to combat the 'lag' :)

Det

Distinguished Member
As said det.. None of the big hitters have changed their settings to combat the 'lag' :)
lol... should I have asked for their KDR and Average Score per game and what game modes they play? :love::hiya:

Det

Distinguished Member
KD to help you determine who is a big hitter. Average Score per game is dependent on game modes they play.

Keeping in mind that none of those are fully indicative of the player's skill.

I believe more people have nerfed their connection than those that have replied here.

EDIT: Regardless of who has, most of the posts should tell you that lag is/was pretty apparent in this iteration of CoD. Not for everyone, but for some it's unplayable in its current state.

Last edited:

BaldyBonito

KD to help you determine who is a big hitter. Average Score per game is dependent on game modes they play.

Keeping in mind that none of those are fully indicative of the player's skill.

I believe more people have nerfed their connection than those that have replied here.

We all know who the big hitters are though lol? Be a bit more honest with yourself and deep down you really know who they are. None of which have came on to say they have done it. Meaning my point still stands.

Det

Distinguished Member
We all know who the big hitters are though lol? Be a bit more honest with yourself and deep down you really know who they are. None of which have came on to say they have done it. Meaning my point still stands.
Enlighten me on who are the big hitters :D

I think on any given day anyone on these forums can top the charts no matter who is in the party.

The lag issue still stands and a lot of those big hitters to which I think you're referring to may not have nerfed their connections but I've definitely seen complaints of lag making it impossible to kill people when they are on 4 bars.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage