Which of these receivers should i choose?

Velodyne123

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble picking the best receiver. Perhaps you guys can help me out. Right now i'm currently having a Yamaha RX-V565 which i been currently satisfied with. But know i want to upgrade my homecinema-system.

I found these receivers quite cheap with the extra funktions i needed. So here we go:

The first one:
Onkyo TX-NR808: For 816.7565 U.S. dollars
I was kind of going for this but been reading on forums that people have encountered frequently annoying problems with this beast after around 6 month. Some have not noticed it, others have fixed and some warned readers from buying it.

It came as a surprise because many reviews have glorified it by 4-5 stars from professional websites.

The second one:
Pioneer VSX-LX52 - 816.7565 U.S. dollars
I have not read too much about this one but it seems to be a decent one. If i am skipping NR808 i'm probably going for this one. It has 150W per channel which i think is really great. It got HDMI aux input and USB inputs but i do not think it got the DLNA function the TX-NR808 got.

The third one:
The little brother Onkyo TX-NR709: For 662.6515 U.S. dollars

Though, I think it got the same manufacture problem as the big brother got. But it got a upper hand. It streams spotify and got the better "Audyssey MULTEQ XT+DYNAMIC VOLUME" for better sound i guess. It does not have the same power but people are overall pleased with it. Both the big brother and this streams audio files from computer through network which is a superb option.

The fourth one:
The more expensive one:
Marantz SR7005 - 1 386.945 U.S. dollars

This is a priceworthy receiver which have gotten many awards and such. Its a step up in the price range but if i'm willing to wait i could buy it. Is it worth saving for it? It got the DLNA option and a power output of 125W per channel. It is supposed to be a great beast.

The fifth and the last beast:
The most priceworthy expensive one i found was:
Pioneer SC-LX71 - For 1 463.9975 U.S. dollars
This is the true beast but is it really worth spending on?
It is supposed to be really powerful and a fine peace of art for film and music. But then again it is really expensive.

I hope you guys can help me out:) Please remember i am kind of a beginner involving receivers and such.

Sincerely, Karl

I have Yamaha and most of their range give great mellow sound

Pioneer and Onkyo IMHO are a little strident

Marantz make nice noises. You probably wouldn't be disappointed

Have you looked for a Yamaha up the range?

But the secret is to listen to these and, if possible, try them in your home

Obviously some box shifters won't let you do that. But some, like Richer, will change if you are unhappy and treat the product with care

If you are in USA, I guess Richer isn't an option, but you'll know the local suppliers

Thanks for the update. I leave in the Scandinavia. I only picked those receivers because they had a low pricetag to which they usually cost. If I understand correctly, your tip is either to look for Yamaha receivers and if able to try them at home.

Thanks for the tip:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom