Which of these projectors would allow to project exactly 94 inches diagonal from 3 meters?

AldoMCT

Novice Member
I am a bit stuck with my choice of projector.
The room is exactly 3 meters and 40cm deep. Being a bedroom the only option is to project from a shelf on the back, which could either allow for projecting straight (at 1m 60cm height, exactly 3 meters from the screen) or from the above (up to 2m and 60 height, bringing distance to 3m and 30cm).
If possible, it would be preferable to project from the top of the shelf, it would make the room more usable when projecting. Being lots of money for my budget, I would like to make the setup as comfortable and easy to start as possible.
My screen is 100 Inches, but there are black borders, so the usable surface is less. Only 94 inches diagonal.
Which of the following projectors would be suitable?

The main use would be gaming, with low lights (but still on) and films, with light off and hopefully low noise in eco mode. OF course, if anybody has tried any of those and did not like it for some reason, I would be grateful for any info on that too!

BenQ TH585 1080p Gaming Projector, Low Input Lag for Gaming, 3500 Lumens High Brightness, Built-in 10W Speaker
BenQ TH685i 1080p HDR Projector 3500 ANSI Lumens, Android TV
Epson EH-TW740 3LCD, Full HD 1080p, 3300 Lumens
Optoma HD146X
ViewSonic PX703HD Full HD Home Cinema and Business Projector (3,500 Lumens, 1080p, DLP, Dual HDMI, 3X Fast Input, SuperColor Technology, 10W Speakers

Thanks for any advice, I hope this is the right place to post this.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
I get a 94-95" (ish) projected image from my Epson 9400 at less than 3m, say around 2.80m. I've not measured it exactly but I know its well under 3m.

AldoMCT

Novice Member
Thanks! I have found out the projector central calculator and it turns out that for exactly 3 meters (I cannot really change that, because it is a shelf attached to the wall), the Benq and Viewsonic are perhaps the best choice for getting exactly 94" (with zoom).
The Optoma would barely make it but actually it would need to be a bit farther away ideally.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom