Which of these phones is the best or ideal for me?

tony kop77

My 18 month contract is coming to an end and I currently have a Sony K800i which I dont like because of the joystick and the camera slider keeps opening when in my pocket.
I have a sat nav and itouch so mp3 and sat nav on a phone are not too important. I want a stylish reliable phone which I use mostly for txting, making calls and surf the internet when at work for the football headlines or see what is on at the cinema. I would not mind downloading film trailers during work break see what films look decent
I have made a shortlist of these phones although I will have to see which network has the best deal etc but I wont be signing for 18 months again as it is too long and the phone becomes out of date very quickly.

Phones I like
Nokia 6500 classic
http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/Nokia/6500_Classic
I like the phone because it is small and sexy.

Nokia N82
http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/Nokia/N82
I like this phone because it can do eveything and although I might not use all its features it is still nice to have the feature available and I like my gadgets and this is supposed to be the best phone on the market.

LG Viewty
http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/LG/Viewty
I just like this for its touch screen mainly and looks nice.

Motorola Z8
http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/Motorola/Z8

HD phone and can watch films on it although would I realy want to watch films on a mobile phone.

I also like this for the touch screen the Samsung F700
http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?go=paymonthly.productdetails&pid=553

Which of the above phones would you go for or do you recomend anything better? I like to have the latest technology as maybe most of you lot do I guess :rotfl:

M4NN

:hiya:

how about the SE K850i?. :thumbsup:

if not, then from your list, it has to be the 6500!.
but remember it only has a 2mp camera...:thumbsdow

good luck.

:)

tony kop77

Thank you I wil consider the K850i just the current 800ki has put me off sony. Links are giving away 32" HD tvs, psp's and itouch to tempt people into 18 month contracts. Damn my last two contracts have been 18 months and I didn't get anything like that :(.

tony kop77

I think I am going to go with either the LG viewty or the Nokia N82 although the Samsung F700 also looks nice and is touch screen. I just popped into town was offered an LG viewty for £35 a month 500 mins 3000 txts 241 orange wednesday and magic number but the LG screen was not very responsive certainy not as good as a ds or itouch. I think I will go for the N92.

tony kop77

Was thinking of getting the N82 as it has all the features but it looks bulky in the pics and ooks the same as the N95 which had some negative feedback and the n82 doesn't look different from any other phone really.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I have a Viewty and touch screen response is fine. It is slowed slightly by a screen protector though, but not enough that it's a noticable problem. You soon get used to it and it becomes as easy to use as any other phone IMO. Texting was quite fiddly at first, but now it's pretty much effortless (I use T9).

Dont forget, the demo phones in the shops will [EDIT: Text removed], so may not provide a true representation of a box fresh product. This will especially apply to phones with fancy touch screens where people will be like "ooh, you can touch it" as they give a big hard prod with their sausage fingers.

Having said that, the other phones you're looking at are great too. If I didnt get the Viewty then I would have went for one of the new N series Nokias. Probably the N81 as the N95 is just too expensive.

Anyway, best of luck in your search for a phone!

MOD COMMENT: Please remember this is a family forum (even though it was a hilarious comment ;))

tony kop77

I have a Viewty and touch screen response is fine. It is slowed slightly by a screen protector though, but not enough that it's a noticable problem. You soon get used to it and it becomes as easy to use as any other phone IMO. Texting was quite fiddly at first, but now it's pretty much effortless (I use T9).

Dont forget, the demo phones in the shops will [EDIT: Text removed], so may not provide a true representation of a box fresh product. This will especially apply to phones with fancy touch screens where people will be like "ooh, you can touch it" as they give a big hard prod with their sausage fingers.

Having said that, the other phones you're looking at are great too. If I didnt get the Viewty then I would have went for one of the new N series Nokias. Probably the N81 as the N95 is just too expensive.

Anyway, best of luck in your search for a phone!

Thanks I think I will go for the N82 although I do like the fact that the LG can play divx and is touch screen etc. I will go try them both weekend and see which I prefer then.

badsoden

A post on the N82 thread says you can play divx by installing a symbian and divx compatible media player on the phone.

tony kop77

I read that but things like this sound complicated to me as does hacking the itouch because I know nothing about this side of things with phones and ipods :blush::

mick17

Standard Member
You cant beat a nokia for its easy menu and speed when sending an sms etc but i always find the camera a little crap compared to an SE

tony kop77

Just to let you as I said in another thread I was offered the N95 8gig black version with unlimited calls to landline, unlimited txts 500 mins free to any network and spiderman 3 aready on the phone all for £40 a month this was with Vodafone.
I decided to go with O2 because I think the N82 is supposed to be the flagship for Nokia and wanted this phone so I got unlimited txts, 800 mins to anynetwork £40 a month 18 month contract. I hope I made the correct decision, I have 14 days to return my phone so do you think I made the correct decision or should I have gone for the Vodafone deal and the N95?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom