Which of these Braun Shavers

nheather

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Have had Phillips before. No problems until the last model which failed prematurely with the same fault.

Decided to try a Braun this time round. I also have a Merkur. So yes I know there are other makes and that hand wet shave is best but I've decided on a Braun so no other suggestions.

I went to Boots yesterday to buy a Braun 380S but in doing so looked at two other, the Braun 390CC and the CT5CC

In summary

380S (£70, rechargeable, wet and dry shave - i.e. you can use shaving cream)

390CC (£70, comes with clean and charge, dry shave only)

CT5CC (£115, comes with clean and charge, wet and dry shave, has 'cooling technology')

Anyone any experience or views?

Cheers,

Nigel

Got the CT5CC.
The cooling tech is pretty good as it reduces the amount of irritation I get.
With my older Philips rotary shaver on my neck I use to get really bad irritation leaving it looking really sore.
I will say though the ct5cc is best used dry.
After a shave I give it a quick rinse before placing in the cleaning doc.
I'm really pleased with the quality of shave it gives too.
I use it every day, but a friend of mine has told me anymore than a couple of days growth and it will struggle a little.

Realistically, I think I am torn between the 380S and the 390CC.

Been doing more research and even though the CT5CC 9is allegedly half price at £115 it is still an extra £45 over the 380\390 and is pushing close to the price you can buy 5 and 7 series from Amazon.

Cheers,

Nigel

I went from a 5 yo braun 5 series to a panasonic 4blade system and they are much the same both wet and dry but just a manual clean with the panasonic.

Thanks, but what do you thing

380S - wet and dry

or

390cc - dry only with clean and renew

I'm leaning towards the 390cc. The reason is that my Phillips was wet and dry and I used to use it in the shower. Before that I had only owned dry shavers and never a problem. I can't help thinking that they might not have been as waterproof as advertised.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom