1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which of the Sony's?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NewBeetle, Feb 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. NewBeetle

NewBeetle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I am thinking of getting a sony surround reciever. Been looking at a few of the newer design E line models. They seem to be available from around £170 upwards all the models seem very similar, can any of you reccomend any of them? was thinking around the £200 mark but could go a bit higher. (ps really want it to be silver to fit in with other equipment)

2. NewBeetle

NewBeetle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Any opinions on spending £220 on a STR-DB780?
    Seems a nice spec and I love the look of it, I will try an get to listen to some this weekend.

[​IMG]

Apart from the hefty build quality what can this offer over the cheaper ones in the sony range with similar power outputs etc?

I think the 'QS' range is supposed to be of higher quality than the E-line range , is this right?

3. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yes, QS has better build and better electronics, so you get much better sound than E-line. ES is even higher than QS. SO it's E-line, QS, then ES.

Spend a bit more and get a QS, you will be happy!

Don't forget to look at other brands apart from Sony, e.g. Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, although I find Yamaha are less well-specced than others.