Which of the 'Premium' games are worth it?

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok I am loving my iPad and have been downloading loads of Apps all week and although many are fun for five minutes I am finding the fun soon wears off, thats not a complaint but I guess for the cheaper apps (59p-£1.79) you can't really expect too much. From the cheapies Pinball HD and Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior HD have stood out, and Pinball HD I think will continue to be played a lot.

So I am starting to think about picking up some of the more expensive titles.

Lets Golf HD (Comments about no sound glitch on iPad are putting me off)
Nova HD
Real Racing HD
COD Zombies HD

Just a few that come to mind.

Any comments and reccomendation on stand out titles would be much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

the one I use to show off the ipad is real racing HD and it's one that I keep going back to for a quick 10 minutes game

Angry Birds HD
Worms HD
Flight Control HD
Soosiz HD
Dungeon Hunter HD

I have bought Broken Sword HD but downloaded it the other night (500mb) and have not synced my iPad to it yet, and I have Golf HD and havent played it yet. :blush:

Angry Birds HD
Worms HD
Flight Control HD
Soosiz HD
Dungeon Hunter HD

I have bought Broken Sword HD but downloaded it the other night (500mb) and have not synced my iPad to it yet, and I have Golf HD and havent played it yet. :blush:

Isn't the iPhone version of Angry Birds supposed to be better (more levels or something) its upscales really well on the iPad as well. I more that happy with iPhone games on my iPad, playing Angry Birds / Nova / GT Academy / Tiger Woods Golf right now

Nothing upscales that well on the iPad from the iPhone - and to be honest, I have both as its such a brilliant game. I heard that there are rumours of iPad updates shortly, as well as iPad specific stuff possibly as well.

No, it doesnt have all the levels that the iPhone does, but belive me, based on their track record, it will have all the extra levels shortly, and more. Dont forget the iPad has only been out for a few months now, they are probably developing specifc content as we speak.

Dragon Warrior HD is 59p and excellent!
Plants vs Zombies HD
Labyrinth HD

Got dragon warrior, it's pretty good. Downloaded real racing HD earlier and it is truly superb, if a little difficult lol :blush:

Angry Birds HD
Worms HD
Flight Control HD
Soosiz HD
Dungeon Hunter HD

Thanks for the heads up on soosiz HD, loving it. :clap:

Can anyone comment on Let's golf HD?

I really wanna buy it but all the talk of it crashing and sound not playing are putting me off.

I am off for a barbie and the football, so if you want my drunken ramblings later, I will have a play. Although you are more likely to get something coherant tomorrow. :D

And Soosiz is good isnt it? :D

Dragon Warrior HD is 59p and excellent!
Plants vs Zombies HD
Labyrinth HD

The only reason I have not bought PvZ is because I completed it on the iPhone, otherwise I would do.

As for Labyrinth HD, I like it and played the demo repeatidly, but £4.99? If it was £2.99, I would buy it now.

I am off for a barbie and the football, so if you want my drunken ramblings later, I will have a play. Although you are more likely to get something coherant tomorrow. :D

And Soosiz is good isnt it? :D

Yeah, I'll wait for the sober version please lol. The thing with Let's Golf HD is people are saying it works ok at first then starts to get glitchy and crashy over time.

Ive got Lets Golf, but haven't had chance to play in yet. Take a look at some YouTube videos of Mirrors Edge, Thats another that I've bought but still not played. Its expensive but the graphics look great and i loved the console version. :)

Can anyone comment on Let's golf HD?

I really wanna buy it but all the talk of it crashing and sound not playing are putting me off.

I have it and it works fine

Fun little game

I think need for speed is better than real racing HD.
I have both Asphalt 5 and Need for Speed and I prefer NFS, though I have always liked the NFS series since first playing on the 3DO

The games I find I play most are scrabble, boggle, angry birds, worms and cogs. I find they work really well with the touch screen.

I downloaded real racing and don't like it. It just doesn't sit right with me waving the iPad all over the place to control it. Impressive graphically yes and don't get me wrong it it's decent fun just don't like the controls. I guess I just prefer the more 'touchy games'.

Huge vote for Geared.. Great little puzzler and the larger screen really helps :thumbsup:

pinball is pretty good as is bit flip..

Just bought Geared HD, thanks for the heads up, its only £0.59 at the moment.

Oh, and the above poster who mentions preferring the touch games over the racing games is spot on - I feel the same. :smashin:

Geared is gr8 tried the iPhone lite version then got the full iPad one for 59p bargain

Those that mention not enjoying Real Racing HD because of the tilt control, have you tried anŷ of the touch controls. Method 'C' is by far the easiest way to play this IMO with steering done by touching the left/right of the screen.

Those that mention not enjoying Real Racing HD because of the tilt control, have you tried anŷ of the touch controls. Method 'C' is by far the easiest way to play this IMO with steering done by touching the left/right of the screen.

Just tried it now, much much better. :thumbsup: can't believe I missed that

Anyone tried Sam and Max out? Quite intrigued to see what it's like on the iPad, seems like the right device for it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom