1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which od the 3 would you choose if you had too?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by enemy2pc, Jan 30, 2005.

1. enemy2pc

enemy2pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi There,

Ive been looking at a couple of all in Home Cinema Kits and i'm having a hell of a job deciding which one to get.

Goodmans HEC172 - which doesnt actually say 5.1 even though it has the 5 sats and the woofer only mentions Doby pro Logic 11

Bush DvDAV14k- Doesnt seem to be able to play MP3s (only issue i have) but i think it plays DTS out of the box which is great news.

Goodmans GHC 56Pro - Doesnt have a dvd player included and i have no clue as to how it would connect to one. Any ideas as i would obviously have to buy a cheap player to go with it.

Ive spent ages looking on the net and cant find any details on any of them other than price comparison sites. I also need to know if they can be made multi-region too.

I'm after one of these for my bedroom. I'm using Limit HC40 in the sitting room and ended up all over the shops trying to find a dvd player that had 6 channel out.

Any help muchly appreciated.

Bryan

2. Adam Min

Adam Min

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't included a Denon system in your list so don't be surprised if you get no response (they only really talk about Denon on here) :rolleyes:

I've got a Pioneer DCS 424 and it very very good.

3. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    How about the JVC TH-S3 ?
    Dolby Digital, DTS and progressive scan, for not much more than the Goodmans.

4. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    People talk about what they know, but I do not think that that leads to other questions being ignored.

I do not think I would go for Goodmans or Bush (both made by the same company, Alba). What is your budget? Can you extend it a little? The JVC mentioned above is worth a look...or the Toshiba SD44HK looks very good value at £150.

5. enemy2pc

enemy2pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I'm actually getting it from the catalogue you see and my budget is around the £150 mark. the JVC S3 is very tempting but it's £200. I dont think it can be made Multi region but thats not a big issue as ive got a way around that. Like i said it's for the bedroom and it doesnt need to be anything special. I'm using the PS2 in there at the minute.

Regards
    Bryan

6. enemy2pc

enemy2pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Woe is quite literally me. Been shopping around for a TV/Combi for the littluns bedroom and i went onto empiredirect. They jave the JVCS3 for £109.99 and i havent got the cash:D. friggin shame because i has absolutly everything i want of HC kit although 320watts is alot more than i would need in that pokey hole that i call a bedroom.

Bryan

7. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you want to get the best sound from the PS2 you would need a speaker system that has an optical input, then you could just use the PS2 as a dvd player. The main thing you want from a system is for it to have DD5.1, DPII and DTS decoders on board, together with the inputs you require.

Some speaker systems connect via scart cables to your tv and draw the sound down. Others require connection via phono outputs from your tv. So it is important to know exactly what type of inputs you require first before you buy your system.