• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which non printable 8/16x dvd-r??

bunyboy

Established Member
ive got my TY 8x white printable for best but want to get some cheaper dvd-r's for general data back up etc so dont need to be printable or anything.. just reliable! anyone have suggestions?

I've always heard 8x is better, especially if burning dvds for playback as they have a better chance of working on most players... any truth in that?

thanks all!

bunyboy

Established Member
thanks! any thoughts on a good choice for a reliable yet reasonably priced 16x non printable dvd-r then? 50 or 100 spools would be great...

bunyboy

Established Member
ive found these as possible options (not sure what a reasonable price for these would be):

Verbatim Azo Branded Matt Silver 16x DVD-R (Pack of 100)

Mediastar (Taiyo Yuden) 16x Silver Topped DVD-R in Packs of 100

or really cheap:

CMC 16x White / Ivory Unbranded DVD-R in Packs of 100

i can also look at 50 disk packs and try a few things out maybe?

anyone have experience of the above?

thanks

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Personally I avoid cheap media, it always works out more expensive per disc for me due to the amount of coasters you get from them.

I try to get Ritek discs where possible. Though not everyone has the same problems, I know people who use Tesco CD-Rs with no problems at all, however when I bought 10 I only had 5 work :(

Cheap brands can be hit and miss, you generally do get less failures with more reputable brands, I think this is where speed comes into the matter, if you're burning cheaper ones faster you're probably more likely to get problems, though I'm not 100% sure, these are just what I've noticed personally.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom