Which next gen console are you taking?

Which one you heading for!

• Total voters

oxygenuk

Banned
Theres an obvious 3 options

either ps3, xbox2 or nintendo revolution

im most likely going to go for the ps3 but if ninento do shock the gaming world with the "revolution in gaming" they are talking about i may be urged to go for that, a revolution and something completely is always a nice fresh breeze of air and exciting.

if you are getting more on of the above, the option is there to select multiple choices.

IanW

Check out my list of gear, please add option for ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!! :devil:

oxygenuk

Banned
captaineyecatch said:
Has to be xbox 2 - MS have done such a good job with the xbox that i cant see how xbox 2 will not kick sonys :censored:

that was due to the xbox being released 1-2 after the ps2 so it ahd an advantage with newer technology and with the xbox2 there will of only been a 4 year gap between xbox and xbox2 i think, which is rushed i think i can see xbox taking 3rd in the enxt console war.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
There should be an option that says all 3!

Sony released their PS2 first, got more titles out and a larger market share.

I see it as a race between PS3 and Xbox2, with the ninty console once again being sorely overlooked.

It seems that xbox is getting better and better recognition, I keep seeing sponsorship for xbox more and more. For goodness sakes there is even an xbox car now! :rolleyes:

captaineyecatch

oxygenuk said:
that was due to the xbox being released 1-2 after the ps2 so it ahd an advantage with newer technology and with the xbox2 there will of only been a 4 year gap between xbox and xbox2 i think, which is rushed i think i can see xbox taking 3rd in the enxt console war.

I was not meaning the power advantage the xbox has over the ps2 - i was meaning the better support for Pal gamers eg no borders on games, free customer service lines etc etc.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Yup has to be all 3 naturally! Pointless just buying one over another unless you want to miss out on some quality games. :nono:

If I had to pick one then it would most likely be between the PS3 and XBOX2 but it's far too early to say which one. For the sake of the vote i'll give the PS3 the edge because of GT5, VF5, PES5, FFXIII, ICO2 (well you never know), the next Wipeout and because the Playstation is still by a long shot the best supported console by developers. I do think that the XB2 will close the gap further though!

MWP1985

Xbox 2 without question and I'll probably buy the Nintendo as well. Sony has yet to amaze me though the PSP looks interesting. I was going to buy a PS2 but then realised all the best games can be found on Xbox. The PS3 will probably fall into the same trap, that is too many sequels and not enough originality.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
markwpage said:
I was going to buy a PS2 but then realised all the best games can be found on Xbox.

Not really, the X-Box has some great exclusive games but so does the PS2 and Gamecube. You'll find that a lack of originality in gaming is more a symptom of the current generation than any one console. Look at the X-Box - Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, PGR2, Halo 1&2, Top Spin etc etc - all hopelssly unoriginal, but still great games. Similarly you have the likes of ICO, REZ, VF4, GT3, PES 1-4, FFX & X-2 etc on the PS2. I'm afraid that original gaming is now mainly a thing of the past, due to not only a lack of ideas but the fact that trying out a brand new concept is very risky and can be a costly risk that few companies are willing to take! :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 13294

Assuming that MS keeps XBox Live going forward - maybe adding webcams and facial mapping - Xbox2 is currently my favourite option.

Ultimately I'll probably own all three, but as things stand the XBox 2 looks to be the one I will want the most.

GagHalfrunt

I will follow the usual "wait and see" mentality.

It will probably be between the Xbox2 and PS3 - but it all depends on how easy the Xbox2 is to mod. An unmodded Xbox isn't much fun imo.

O

Obuggrit

I'm interested in the next Nintendo console because of the hype their giving off abotu it being revolutionary, but I'm hoping it'll get some good RPGs developed for it. If there isn't any good RPGs coming out for it then I'll wait until the machine comes down to about £60 in the secondhand market.

LJBS

The only reason I can see for buying a PS3 would be for another installment of Ico. I will probably wait for a price drop for XBox 2 cos I reckon that there will be plenty of life left in XBox 1 and I will get the Nintendo Revolution on the day it comes out probably cos no doubt they will release it with a game I just gotta play and it will be fairly cheap. I just hope the new Nintendo machine will be more broadband friendly.

R

roonieboy

If you want to select all three consoles, just check all three boxes! :cool:

CMcK

Try this poll again after E3. We may have a better idea what each console is capable of by then. And EA sequels aside we should hopefully get to see what kind of games we have to look forward to.
I'll proabably end up with Xbox 2 and PS3. If Revolution has a better control method and games to back it up I'll take one.

DaveC

Anybody read the emerging details of the Cell chip yet. I think the official launch/unveling is today. Sounds like a monster .... has potential to give the PS3 miles more power than the other two consoles, but it uses a completely new programming methadology (code has to be written in cells ?!), so might be a bit of a development nightmare and make game porting difficult.

Given that the demo chip is 220 sq mm. I imagine that the yeilds will be rubbish, hence price will be high to start off with.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6700
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6677

CMcK

Cell does sound prety powerful but the thing that is most impressive is the Yellowstone memeory from Rambus. That's some serious amount of bandwidth!
If the developement tools are good PS3 should be a force to be reckoned with.

O

Obuggrit

Remember what they said about the Emotion Engine, though.
<sarcasm> Is it still banned in China?

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I was just going to mention they hype surrounding the emotion engine - basically they can say whatever they like about how good a console is going to be but I personally will not get excited until I see what it can do in person. As long as the next gen consoles are a step up from what we have now and some good games come out on them, that will do me. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution