1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which network for pay and go?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by tiiim, Jul 26, 2005.

1. tiiim

tiiim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok.. i know this is not the best question to ask but hey...

Im currently on o2 pay and go but after a lot of fustration i want to leave it.

Question is what network is good for pay and go?

Is Three (3g in general as well) really worth it for pay and go? I was looking at Virgin Mobile since they have good offers. Im not to keen on Orange or Vodafone (unless someone can pursuade otherwise). Also im more of a texter than talker. Thanks in advance.

Im basically debating either between virgin or Three but not sure if three is worth it yet and virgin mobile seem good for pay and go...?

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You do not leave much choice. I would stay well away from 3, I have not much good things about 3. vodafone have got the biggest network and O2 is the cheapest. I use O2 and have done so, before if became O2. I was with Vodafone for a while, until I had a big bust up in the local Vodafone shop and told then to stick the phone where the sun don't shine.

I will not go with Orange or T-mobile, because they are owned by French and German companies.

I think you may be just as well off staying where you are.

3. tiiim

tiiim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for response... see i had problems with o2 and just fancy a change. I mean i am open to any network really just i like a good deal. Yeah i was unsure about three i heard is growing fast and good technology but all i here is people moaning about it all the time so i was not sure but i like to 3g side...

thanks again
    anybody else?

4. Chanser

Chanser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    On Orange here, no problems.

You would'nt pick Orange or T-mobile because their french and german? :rolleyes: :confused:

5. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6

I try to choose products that are made in this country or are based in this country. I know it is difficult sometimes.

Vodafone is British and O2 is stil British. One of the reason I got a Sendo phone because it was a British company, I know it was not made here which is a shame.

I also try and stay clear of German or French stuff anyway.

6. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I suppose it depends on where you live and also how much you travel around the country, I must admit that O2 coverage could be better. The problem with 3G phones is that they seem to eat batteries, my nephew have got a Motorola and he has to charge the thing almost every day. My little Sendo will last for days.

The more gadgets we get on a mobile phone the bigger they are and the more they drain the battery, I also wonder if people uses everything the phone offers? they may do for a while and then realise how much they are paying for it, like downloading ring tones, sticking silly pictures on the phone.
    At the end of the day, all people need is a ring tone to tell then the phone is ringing. Also most phone displays are awful in the sunlight and that also includes my Sendo. The older LCD displays was a lot better.

I have been saying for months about getting another phone, but at the moment the Sendo is still working, just about. I expect I will go for an older style nokia type thing, I should never have gave my nokia 3310 away, it was a good phone, you live and learn.

Maybe I am getting old and just want things to work, but everything is getting to complicated these days. I got myself a DVd recorder to replace my VHS and even that the manual is like a telephone directory.

As for networks, you will just have to compare and see what you think is best value, what may be good for one person, may not be good for you.