Which Netbook Should I Buy? £200 Budget, So Much Choice!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rjmartin, Aug 2, 2012.

1. rjmartin

rjmartin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hey Everyone :)

I have a £200 budget to spend on a netbook which will be used for surfing the internet, syncing my music to my iPod Touch and maybe editing a few videos in windows live movie maker.

Amazon have the "Acer Aspire One D255E" for £179.99 brand new here

There is the HP Mini, the Samsung N145, the Asus EEE X101CH - quite a lot to choose from.

Which would you go for & why?

Cheers, Rob

2. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I have a netbook with an atom CPU and they are fairly slow, I wouldn't think trying to be editing video would be much fun at all. I would try and find something with one of the AMD APU's if you can or spend about #250 to get a proper intel laptop

3. bogart99

bogart99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I just bought his one. Reason was I was sick of lugging a full sized laptop away on hols.

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homelaptops/product.php?id=B3R50EA&experience=direct

Nice unit and the main thing is the memory is easily upgradeable unlike the ASUS one where the ram is soldered to the motherboard. I've just upgraded it to 2GB and it does boot faster as one would expect. I reckon you could get 4Gb to be okay also but a waste of money if you stick to the supplied starter windows OS.
    The HP price is £239 but they are doing a 10% discount via Quidco.So thats £215 with next day delivery.
    So far I'm very impressed.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012