Which Nas?

delucep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 4 bay Nas and i'm unsure of which one to go for.

I've been looking at the following;

Thecus 4100+
Synology CS407
ReadyNas RND4000

Obviously theres an increase in price between the 3 but i want to know if theres an improvement for the money you pay.

Also has anyone used UltimateStorage.com or eAegis, what are they like for CS?

cheers
:smashin:

I think it depends on what you want to use the NAS for? And whether you need to spend the extra on the better performing box.

Also, do all the NAS's you list have all the feature that you need? xbox/ps3 connectivity? Itunes? etc etc?

I have the CS407 and its perfectly fine for streaming HD video to multiple devices. Granted, access times aren't as fast as local disk, but you shouldn't expect that!

Have you seen the NAS Sticky? : http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627725

I also created a thread based on my CS407 purchase: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625907

Sorry, not dealt with those 2 places, i got mine from Scan.

Hope that helps.

I like the size and look of the cs407 and from what i can tell, they all perform the same functions, I guess its performance what i'll be paying for.

Yeah, sounds like that. What do you want to use it for might dictate which one you go for.

If money is no object, look at the new Synology CS508.... blows everything else out the water. :eek:

What i had to realise quickly is not to use the NAS for "fast" tasks. ie un-raring files off or onto. really, any task that makes constant reads or writes cos it doesn't work anywhere near as quick as local hard disks.

i've just tried looking for the cs508 but cant see anywhere selling it.

can you recommend anywhere?

Isn't it the DS508 (not CS)?

Novatech seem to have a page for it - but not clear if in stock.

Boom

thats a little more than i wanted to pay, was looking at anything up to £500 to be honest.

Yep the DS508 is expensive! Nice though!

Just throwing another into the pot for you to consider but what about the QNAP TS409 (Pro?). RRP £409 before drives

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom