• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which nas??

hulk_uk

Hey

I have been looking at getting a nas recently so i dont have to have my pc on all the time and my 1tb usb drive is full.

I want to spend as little as possible really but am prepared to pay for quality and would rather pay abit more now to avoid having to upgrade in the near future.

I was looking at the qnap ts-409 which can be got for about £350 without drives is this a good choice i know it comes with twonky media server which i understand to be one of if not the best??

i just wondered is this box capable of streaming hd (blu ray rips) not to important at minute as i only have dvds but i dont want to have to change a years time.

also looking at the ts-439 the 1.6 atom 1gb memory version of the ts-409 really am i better of paying more and going for this to avoid future costs?

or the ts-509 basically the 439 but with an extra bay at roughly £50 more than the 439 is this the better option?

what does everyone think? are there others i should be looking at?

basically i will be using it to stream music and dvds (blu rays when they come down in price) to two ps3s probably not at same time but possible might want to do this.

also want my media available to my pc and laptop

currently have 1tb of data and still have 50 or so dvds to rip and then like i say blu ray is round the corner with movies of 25gb.

any help appreciated

hulk_uk

did have a quick skim through thats what got me looking at qnaps in the first place. Everyone seemed to be talking more about 1 bay and 2 bay solutions though.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom