Which music genre could you NOT be without?

Which music genre could you NOT be without?

• Total voters
S

shadowritten

Okay, it's late, the wife's in bed ill and asleep, and I'm bored. So here's a bit of silliness.

The Government decides that each person in the country can only listen to music from a single genre for the rest of their lives. So around come the boys from Whitehall to remove all your CDs from every genre but one.

But WHICH one do you keep?

For me, classical. I honestly believe my life would be a living hell without it.

How about you?

It is difficult to pick one as I have a very strange taste in music.

I went for R&B, assuming in this catagory you meant proper R&B!
Real R&B/Soul tends to get confused with the useless nonsense that is produced by some acts theses days.

Some Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Etta James, Smokey, the music these guys produced is real quality and thay all manged quantity as well :thumbsup:

KevD said:
It is difficult to pick one as I have a very strange taste in music.

I went for R&B, assuming in this catagory you meant proper R&B!
Real R&B/Soul tends to get confused with the useless nonsense that is produced by some acts theses days.

Some Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Etta James, Smokey, the music these guys produced is real quality and thay all manged quantity as well :thumbsup:

Yes, I did mean R&B in the sense you describe. The other sort (R'n'B) can come under Pop or Dance as far as I'm concerned - unless anyone can provide a cogent argument as to why it should have its own category. :)

shadowritten said:
Yes, I did mean R&B in the sense you decribe. The other sort (R'n'B) can come under Pop or Dance as far as I'm concerned - unless anyone can provide a cogent argument as to why it should have its own category. :)
:smashin:

"Proper" old school Indie from the late 80's - early 90's

I feel queezy if I don't hear something by Ian Brown or The Stone Roses once a day, let alone the rest of my life

That's a tricky one because the band i could not live without play a mixture of genres (reggae, jazz, blues, ska, rocksteady), but at a push i'd say that the one genre of music i couldnt do without is traditional ska, with '77 style punk coming a close second.

i chose other, because i am not sure what type of music the works or AIR, Royksopp, Nitin Sawnhey,Aim, Aphex Twin, etc come under, i always thought it was electronic

Where the Hip-Hop category? :lesson: And it can't be included in R&B :rolleyes: or included in 'Other' It's a large enough and popular genre to warrant it's own option!

rob j said:
Where the Hip-Hop category? :lesson: And it can't be included in R&B :rolleyes: or included in 'Other' It's a large enough and popular genre to warrant it's own option!

You're quite right about that. I went blank trying to think of more main categories. Thanks for bringing it up!

You also neglected reggae (how dare you) ;)

I don't think I could live without the uplifting feel-good effects of reggae and its' derivitives (ska, 2 Tone etc) :thumbsup:

Where's the option for Norweign Speed Death Metal :) ?

Umm very difficult because my tastes are very varied. I like listening to just about anything that takes my fancy.

Sometimes I like blowing my ears to bits with some rough and ready Rock or Punk, normally when I'm rather bored or have a bad temper and other times I like something much more mellow, something to wind down to after a hard days work or stressful day.

It's easier to say what I can do without rather than NOT without...

From the Poll options....

Classical,Dance,Pop and Country.

Think I'll refrain from voting until I have a clearer mind of what to vote for.

per-Sony-fied said:
Umm very difficult because my tastes are very varied. I like listening to just about anything that takes my fancy.

Sometimes I like blowing my ears to bits with some rough and ready Rock or Punk, normally when I'm rather bored or have a bad temper and other times I like something much more mellow, something to wind down to after a hard days work or stressful day.

It's easier to say what I can do without rather than NOT without...

From the Poll options....

Classical,Dance,Pop and Country.

Think I'll refrain from voting until I have a clearer mind of what to vote for.
:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom