1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which multiplayer games for Sony TR series (one of those small buggers)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by papachumba, Jan 10, 2005.

1. papachumba

papachumba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    had this lappie for a while now, but i cannot seem to settle down with any game on it. I tried worms armageddon (online it sucks), Age of Empires (keep getting beat all the time) and Unreal Tournament 2003 (just about runs right, but i cannot take any good players on without getting wasted -> slow framerate)

I was merrily dreaming about being able to run CSS on it, which would be sooo coool but as we all know this is impossible. I never played CS before so nut sure how that would fare.

I love my online games (BF 1942, CSS, Unreal, C&C generals) and would really really like to have a game that i can play on the laptop withoout noticing too much of a slowdown (while still having some players and servers to find online)
    Currently UT2003 seems the best bet - running at 640x480 fullscreen to make it run faster though :blush: and theres enough players online to have a decent fragfest

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    You could run CS classic, source is no different to this (apart from graphics) and CS classic should run perfectly fine on your laptop. You could also try out other HL mods like Day of Defeat or Natural Selection (awesome game if you are fan of aliens).

All the HL mods have plenty of servers still and players.

3. papachumba

papachumba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, being a bit stupid i purchased another HL2 pack from steam, since i couldnt get old CS with my bronze pack i already had. Steam doesnt let you upgrade, the bastards.

Now i got 2 packs, the bronze one and the silver one.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sell a pack? :blush:
    As far as i can see theoretically i could sell it to someone, give them the username & the password and they would be able to download the pack to their PC and play. Obviously the price would be a bit lower since it is "second hand" data. :smoke:

oh yea, CS plays like a charm on my lappie :smashin:
    i thought the maps and everything will be older but it seems that besides the graphics these 2 games are absolutely the same. Actually CS has more options (guess since it is more mature) what with all the different soldier types etc...