1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which MP3 Player???

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by helpneeded, Aug 13, 2005.

1. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey All!!!

I'm looking to get a small MP3 player, for easy carrying, over my 20gb one.

The two I am looking at are the Philips Key015 and the SupportPlus SP-Slim, both @ 512mb and both at £58.

Although I've never heard of supportplus, they claim to use 'Samsung Technology'.

I need peoples advice which one thye think is the better one.

So far, I'm leaning towards the SupportPlus, as it seems to have much more functionality....

Any other MP3 recommendations would also be appreciated, but the MP3 player must be compact, and have an intergral rechargable battery. No smaller than 512mb and no more than say £70-£75

Thanks all, look forward to your comments! :smashin:

2. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does no-one have any opinions/suggestions on this issue??? :lease:

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't touch Philips for all the cash in the Bank of England - everything of theirs I've owned has screwed up pretty quickly (from VCRs to DAPs). As for some unknown using 'Samsung technology', I can only say that, while I'd trust Samsung for plasmas or phones, their reputation for DAPs isn't that hot (from what I hear).

How about looking at Creative's range of smaller, flash-based players? Should find one in your target price range.

4. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :smashin: Right, I'll help you out here, I've taken photos of both MP3 players for you all to see.... (as attachments)

The first is taken on the new Argos catalogue 'The Big One' so you can get an idea of size.

You can find the Philips specs easily on the web, but the supportplus one basically reads...

MP3 WMA Compatable
    OLED Animated Display
    Folder Based Browsing
    Voice Recording
    ID3 Tag
    Aluminium Body

See if this help with you advice!!

Thanks all!

Attached Files:

5. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just another note, I'll be using my own earphones, if that makes any difference!

6. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the simplicity of the SupportPlus. Given my crappy Philips experiences (and that the Philips player looks hideous by comparison!), I'd go with the unknown player ...