1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which movie is this?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marc, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    I remember seeing a pretty shocking and brutal movie many years ago, and i want to see it again to see if it's still as bad now i'm not pre-teen. I think may have been one of the death wish series but i'm not sure. In it a guy comes home and finds his maid raped and murdered and his wife or perhaps daughter kidnapped, who later escapes from her kidnappers by jumping out a window and getting impaled on a fence, leading the guy to go on a murderous rampage against the gang that did all the raping and murdering.

sound familiar?

2. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Sounds like Death Wish to me. Except the impaling bit...don't remeber that :confused:

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    well you never know, it was a long time ago, i may be remembering it wrongly or improving it in my head over time lol

4. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Death Wish it is.

His daughter trys to escape her kidnappers by jumpimg through a window and ends up impaling herself on iron raillings below. :eek:

5. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The film in question is in fact Death Wish 2 ( i never really liked those sequels but the original had something worthwhile going for it but Michael Winners direction has always been poor in my opinion of course )

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    The film was also heavly cut buy the bbfc at the time.

This is from the melon farmers web site.

Same cut version for cinema and video submissions in 1986 & 1990

Two women were gang-banged by multiple rapists. Ferman referred to this in a recent lecture: I cut three minutes 42 seconds of that stuff, a record I think. Winner was furious.

Re-edited for the scene between Kersey's daughter and Cutter; with BBFC cuts the scene would have jumped from him rubbing her leg to him finishing having sex with her subsequently a scene where Jill Ireland finds an unconscious Bronson was added in between (in the full version this scene follows the death of Kersey's daughter).
    The infamous scene between Rosario and the muggers suffered the following cuts:

The shot of Rosario's knickers being removed was briefly cut.
    The shot of Cutter licking her and her reaction is missing.
    A view of Jiver removing his trousers is missing as is the cut-aways to him having subsequent sex with Rosario (the UK version renders this scene a series of reaction shots between the rest of the gang).
    The bedroom scene between Rosario, Cutter, Punkcut and Stomper cuts away just after she is on the bed, the uncut version offers several topless shots and sex scenes with Punkcut and Cutter.
    After Jiver has said "don't worry he'll come" the British version cuts to head shots (presumably outtakes) of two to the gang, the uncut version cuts to Stomper having sex with Rosario.
    When Nirvana walks into the room the British version cuts away, the uncut version follows it on with rosario crawling across the floor and him removing his trousers.
    The death of Rosario is missing several shots of her falling to and spasming on the floor.
    The R-rated US version has cut both the rape scenes. While only the more violent aspects of the maid's rape scene were cut, the daughter's rape scene (where she did not resist) was almost entirely cut except for the last few seconds. Also the daughter afterwards is shown jumping out the window but the US version cuts out the part where she gets impaled on a fence.
    The uncut version has been released in Sweden on DVD by Universal pictures (nordic).

The region 4 DVD which features Death Wish and Death Wish 2 on a double sided DVD is completely uncut.

On 26th June 1999, the new Irish television station TV3 screened what is believed to be the full, uncut version.

The Australian DVD release has joined the Brazilian release in being released with all the violence/sexual violence intact. Compared to the fully uncut Greek VHS, the R4 versions are missing only a little dialogue.

7. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    thanks guys :smashin: and thats some great info David :) looks like that R4 double sided disc could be worth a purchase if i can find it.

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,358
    Yoour right it was not Deathwise 1 as the wife was killed and the daughter ended up in a institution. And there where were no maids in it.
    In Deathwish 2 the daughter is kidnaped and jumps to her death.

Oh I read both book and the second book was as good as the first both wrote by the same guy.

9. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    christ, his poor daughter didn't get a lot of breaks..

i've found the R4 double pack on dvdcrave but they dont have any in stock. are there many other decent australian dvd retailers?

10. Jbev

Jbev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  11. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    cool. cheers. shame it's so expensive though, at £16 including shipping. dvdcrave is no better though. is nostalgia worth £16... i think not lol

12. thesnowman

thesnowman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you have SKY, FX often repeats DEATH WISH 2 atleast once a month, be sure to check it out when they do cause they show the full uncut version

13. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    heh i don't watch tv... unless there's football on, i don't even have an aerial in my tv at the moment :rolleyes: its purely a movie box

14. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,306
    Calm down dear- its only a brutal film :clown:.

15. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brutal to watch :suicide: