Which monitor for ps5

flank0

Established Member
Reaction score
Need help deciding which monitor to get for my ps5 I’m currently using a XL2720-B it’s a benq monitor with 1080p 144hz. Looking to upgrade from this to utilize the ps5 power but so many monitors it’s hard to choose with different advantages like vrr and free sync hdr and god knows what else.

Im sensitive to blurry images and it puts me right off the games and destroys any interest I have which was the reason I went with a tn panel and was very good. So I’m basically looking for an upgrade over my old benq monitor that supports maybe 4K images at 60 frames minimal. Something that has next to zero image blurring when moving the camera and possibly 27 inches to 32. My price max is 800.

Can’t offer much advice but in the same boat. Have you looked at the Sony INZONE range? Are you only using it for gaming?

I am coming from always using tvs to play consoles but. Grinning to consider trying a smaller monitor instead of it is sharper.

Don't buy lcd if you don't want blurred movement. There is a very good video by Vincent Teoh on YouTube showing the benefits of instant pixel response of oled as a gaming monitor.
HDTV test.
800 quid might bag a TV if you have the space. I use a 55 inch screen for my ps5.

For that money (On black Friday or January sales) you'll be able to get yourself a LG 42" C2 OLED TV. I use one for PS5 and PC gaming. Tis awesome.

Thanks for the advice guys . I might look into getting an OLED screen but I don’t want a huge screen that’s why I opted for 32 inch but would consider 42 inch max if there’s such a tv that doesn’t have any blurring .

Even an OLED monitor would work if it’s 4K and ps5 compatable .

Il be using the screen for mostly gaming and maybe a small amount of Netflix so I want it to be a really decent experience picture quality wise aswell.

Most importantly it needs to be ps5 compatable for the best possible settings on ps5 . Obviously 2.1 HDMI . And VRR compatable . Free sync etc. low input lag. But number one most important is no blurring .

I have an old nu8000 tv which is 4K 55 inches resolution and this was my best option when it was released because it has a motion engine that allowed u to cutout all of the blurring in game mode. I was getting pretty bad headaches because of my room being so small I was too close needed a smaller screen so got the vn panel monitor benq and also was pretty good because vn panel literally has no blurring but wasn’t very good picture wise with 1080p max resolution so I’m now upgrading from this screen to hopefully 4K to get most out of the ps5

So the perfect screen would be 27 to 42 inches I think. I would prefere a monitor as they seem to be better on your eyes with eye care and anti glare as to avoid headaches.

Oh and I’ve never had a curved screen so didn’t want to risk not liking it after using flat screen for 40 years .

I will check out the videos u guys have posted thanks

Last edited:
Hi noddie that looks like a good tv does it have the motion blurr settings like in my nu8000? I loved that because I could totally diminish any blurring it’s pretty important to me to get blurring to a minimal it distracts me and I don’t enjoy anything

Il try and upload a picture of what the setting is like

Here it is my nu8000 had this option and did the job perfectly.
6F04A5E1-B7DB-4945-9F38-6551CCFD5668.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi noddie that looks like a good tv does it have the motion blurr settings like in my nu8000? I loved that because I could totally diminish any blurring it’s pretty important to me to get blurring to a minimal it distracts me and I don’t enjoy anything

Il try and upload a picture of what the setting is likeView attachment 1795347
I'll have a look later but pretty sure I've turned off a lot of the AI settings such as that. It has a specific "game mode". The TV auto detected my PS5 and PC on their respective inputs and asked if I wanted to run it.

Hey ozzzy thanks for video that monitor looks superb. I think if I do go with monitor which I think I will because I prefere a smaller screen 27 inch feels perfect tbh .I’m just itching for an upgrade and scared to move to something I don’t like , I’ve had this problem all my life being sensitive to blurring and even bright lights too that’s another reason I prefere small screen makes my eyes less tired aswell.

the only perfect screen so far has been the vn panel with next to zero blurr . It’s just lacking in resolution and picture quality . U think the OLED monitor will be as good as vn as far as blurring?

thanks noddie . I may be leaning towards a monitor though they seem to make my eyes less tired maybe it’s the smaller screen or less contrast ? I’m not sure but I can game loads longer on a small screen vs my 55 inch nu8000 for sure. 2 hours of my big tv and my eyes are super tired vs 6 hours on monitor. I’ve tested this many times and can’t figure out why it’s why I keep going back to my 27 inch vn panel it’s only 1080p but it’s incredibly comfortable on the eyes.

If u were me what monitor would u pick?

Hey ozzzy thanks for video that monitor looks superb. I think if I do go with monitor which I think I will because I prefere a smaller screen 27 inch feels perfect tbh .I’m just itching for an upgrade and scared to move to something I don’t like , I’ve had this problem all my life being sensitive to blurring and even bright lights too that’s another reason I prefere small screen makes my eyes less tired aswell.

the only perfect screen so far has been the vn panel with next to zero blurr . It’s just lacking in resolution and picture quality . U think the OLED monitor will be as good as vn as far as blurring?
It'll be better, no question. No lcd panel can go head to head with an oled for smooth blur free motion.

Personally I'd buy a 42 inch C2

I want to see reviews first but if there good I am getting that 27" LG OLED, I need 27" for the location of my PC and I have a LG C1, cannot go back to non OLED now. Shame its going to be £1000 but when its right, its right.

Its a good screen and it gets good reviews, but other than its being 4K I think its worst in every way to the LG OLED for the same price. at 27" and 4K is not needed 2K (1440p) is fine. Have you ever used an OLED screen , for me there is no other type I want now.

Can ps5 output 60 frames in games with 1440p resolution?I heard it can’t do this on ps5 only on 1080p and 4K . Or did they fix it? Because most good games now have 60 frames mode

Also my old monitor is a tn panel which are known to have no motion blurr. How would the OLED monitor be even smoother .is this possible? The reason I’m saying this is because my dads OLED 55 inch has more blurr than my tn monitor to my eyes.

After reading about the LG OLED 27 inch I’m fairly convinced this will be the perfect monitor if it supports 60 frames per second in games on ps5 at 1440p . Can anyone confirm it can do this ?

Last edited:
it supports 60fps at 1440p , its 120hz it wont do as VRR doesn work at 1440p
So 60fps and 60hz freshrate works , but not 60fps at 120hz for games that support that like GoW Ragnarok

it supports 60fps at 1440p , its 120hz it wont do as VRR doesn work at 1440p
So 60fps and 60hz freshrate works , but not 60fps at 120hz for games that support that like GoW Ragnarok
PS5 runs 1080, 1440 and 4K at 120fps.(IF SUPPORTED BY GAME) 4K requires HDMI 2.1 Whereas 1440 ham run 120fps on HDMI 2.0.

yeah your right I am mixing up the ability to change refresh rate as needed and the max refresh rate - the PS5 will do 60hz and 120hz at 1440p but it disables VRR at this resolution as sony seem to be unable to get it to work and hence its can only run at exaclty 60 or 120hz and not change it to match the fps which it does when running at 1080p or 4K to avoid tearing, Sony will likely implement this some time in the next couple of years but for now 1440p works and if your have a solid unchanging 60 or 120fps it will look great and if not.. well it might tear a bit.

No not yet Iv been holding off to get more opinions . I know it’s going to be a monitor 27 or 28 inches but which one depends on prices and utilitys . Do u think I should wait till the oled monitor comes ? I’m referring to the lg oled monitor . I would prefere to get it right the first time rather than buying a 1440p then if don’t doesn’t allow the 1440p at 60 frames at 120hz soon I may be forced to buy another to do 120hz at 60 frames.

Whichever monitor I go with is going to last me for 5 years probably or possibly even longer so it has to have no bottlenecks with ps5 and be good for my eyes with no noticeable blurring and high quality picture. Another thing is that 120hz is better for your eyes than 60hz I know this because I used to play on pc for years and at 60hz my eyes would get tired fast then switching to 100hz I would notice the difference right away so I’m trying to get the 120hz at 60 frames if possible on a 27 or 28 inch . I think OLED is the way to go and I would defenatly go for 1440p if it did the 120hz on all frames but seems like this isn’t the case and tbh 4K is going to look better right?

Last edited:
Hi mystery man . That looks like a good monitor but it’s led and probably won’t be great on pixel response like oled. Or vn panel. My vn panel has only the smallest amount of blurr and I can live with this but I’m sure led will be worse and I’m looking for as good or better

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom