1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Momitsu to choose ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by artoj, Jan 27, 2005.

1. artoj

artoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Since both Momitsu v880dx and v880n are now available from Momitsu.nl which one should I choose if I use Momitsu only as a PAL DVD-source for my Barco Data 808 S.

I know that dx uses Sigma 8500 and n uses 8505. Does this have anything to do with the PAL DVD PQ ?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I don't think you're right about the 'N' using an 8505 (Sigma don't list an 8505 on their web site) .. I believe they both use the 8550 and that the only difference is the networking capabilties of the 'N' version.

3. artoj

artoj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I made a typo concerning the v880n: it uses Sigma EM8550 BUT dx does not use the same Sigma chip but EM8500 (as did the original v880) so my question remains open......

4. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never heard of these before.....Any Good?????

Stace :D

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry, wasn't being a smart-a** I didn't spot the probable typo. :blush:

AFAIK the only difference is what's shown on that web page, the 8550 supports the Video Input Module (which at present is pure vapourware and has been for many, many months).

I think the rest of the Sigma chip is the same, hence no difference in image processing. If you want to try to confirm that try e-mailing Jan at the European distributors, a very helpful chap.