Which model to go for...

piros

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know this probably gets asked a lot but I just wanted a kick start on my way to blu ray :cool:

So far I am thinking the Sony S350 as it seems to be popular here, any others I should consider, don't want to spend over £250, so the S350 comes in way under budget there.

I also had in mind the Panasonic BD30 but it seems I should consider the S350 over this one anyway, any thoughts?

I just read that prices should be coming down for xmas, so around November time (I've waited long enough now so another month won't hurt!).

Any other models I should consider? :thumbsup:

I know this probably gets asked a lot but I just wanted a kick start on my way to blu ray :cool:

So far I am thinking the Sony S350 as it seems to be popular here, any others I should consider, don't want to spend over £250, so the S350 comes in way under budget there.

I also had in mind the Panasonic BD30 but it seems I should consider the S350 over this one anyway, any thoughts?

I just read that prices should be coming down for xmas, so around November time (I've waited long enough now so another month won't hurt!).

Hi Pana440. :)
The S350 is very popular :thumbsup: don't forget,if your thinking about the Panasonic,new model soon........BD35.
All the best.

The Panasonic came out best in the budget BD Player review in one of this months magazines (I forget which one, one of the guys at work had it and I was leafing through it). The Panasonic got 5 stars, the Sony and Samsung's got 4. From other threads though, it looks as though the Sony can be made multiregion for DVD playback, if that tips the balance any?

Forgot about the BD35 coming out soon, how do you think that will compare to the S350?

Multi region does not matter to me as I will be keeping my trusty XE1 for that :smashin:

Sounds good to me on either of those two, swaying more towards the S350 as it's £208 from amazon (unless cheaper elsewhere, haven't really checked)

Now the biggest decision, do I wait a month or stick an order in now :devil: I want Iron Man on blu damnit :(

Well that's what I read around here, due to christmas, although, I just remembered Amazon give a refund if they drop the price within 30 days, is this still the same?

If so, I may place an order very shortly :cool::cool:

Well that's what I read around here, due to christmas, although, I just remembered Amazon give a refund if they drop the price within 30 days, is this still the same?

If so, I may place an order very shortly :cool::cool:

No Amazon have stopped doing that as of 1st of october, or it could have been 1st of September.

Sounds about right! Have a feeling it won't go down by too much, so stuck an order in anyway, why not :D

Hi Pana440 :hiya:

Ya I definitly agree with king and the others go for the s350 or the panasonic bd35. Both profil are profil 2.0 players :thumbsup: now thats nice!

Hi Pana440 :hiya:

Ya I definitly agree with king and the others go for the s350 or the panasonic bd35. Both profil are profil 2.0 players :thumbsup: now thats nice!

Thanks mate, gone for the S350 - profile 2.0 too, couldn't resist :D Time to scour around the classifieds now :rotfl: :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom