Which mobo ?

PJD007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Yep another one of these threads.

My budgest is £120 max.

I'm buying an i5, already have an SSD, will buy some memory and I'm looking to utilise onboard graphics for the time being (I'm not going to be gaming).

I think these are the options:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Socket

ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M

Asus P8Z77-V LE

Asus P8Z77-M Pro

I'm leaning towards Asus because I have previously bought from them but the gigabyte card looks very similar to the Asus LE and both the Asus look comparable.

I can only see me adding a graphics card in future to handle 3D output to a LCD and possibly some additional HDD drives.

Any thoughts or others to consider ?

Which i5 are you buying, one with HD2000 / 3000 or the new ivy bridge with I think HD4000 graphics, if the latter make sure your board supports HD4000 graphics (I think all the Z77's should), this will obviously give you the best onboard graphics experience.

I also prefer asus and I would get the M Pro over the V LE. Can't see why an MATX board wouldn't be sufficient, there are plenty of nice MATX cases now which will save space and provide sufficient cooling.

For £25 less the P8Z77-M looks pretty good too:

http://www.ebuyer.com/363737-asus-p...5-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-motherboard-p8z77-m

Last edited:
An MATX is probably sufficient but I'm looking at getting a Silverstone LC13 case which can house both MATX and ATX, the only difference I can see between the two Asus mobos is that the LE has an additional Sata III connection which may be useful further down the line.

The P8Z77-M only has 2 onbaord USB 3 ports (as well as the above) and is only about £20-30 cheaper which isn't a big deal to me so I'm thinking the LE is the one to go for.

Down to preference.
I have gigabytes in my systems. My media PC has a E8400 with gigabyte board. Must be about 5-6 years old now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom