which mobiles have normal 3.5mm headphone sockets

mrFlibble47

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which mobiles have a 3.5mm headphone socket - either point me to another thread or website which has a list. I've been searching around (here and the internet in general) and can't find a list of the models which have got one, and often it's not mentioned at all in the specs of phones whether they have a 3.5mm headphone sockets.
I know for example that the Samsung F400 has one, as does the i8510 and I think the N96 has one too.
thanks

I'd be interested in this as well....

Anyone know or maybe just list if yours does happen to have one?

I know the Blackberry Curve does if that helps?

Cheers

Richard

N82 and N95 both do

Nokias N-Series all have them.
Most mid range to high end Samsung phones do too.
HTC devices do also.

Sony Ericsson still refuse, so you have to use their adapter or a third party adapter.

HTC devices do also.

Sony Ericsson still refuse, so you have to use their adapter or a third party adapter.

The old N73 doesn't (which is what i have until i upgrade to a new phone)

Done some more research and found that the Motorola ROKR E8 has one but it also apparently has an awful 2mp camera.

Also the new Motorola ZN5 (probably not actually available quite yet) has one and also a 5mp camera.

Do any of the LG phones have one?

SE definitely seem to hate the idea of putting something as useful as a 3.5mm headphone socket into their phones, which is a shame as I have liked them since having a K750i

ignore this, this in an untruth. there are lots that dont

What an arrogant reply. If I'm wrong and there are models that don't, by all means point them out and correct me. But there is little point in being so rude and arrogant about it.

So tell me, which current N-Series phones don't have a 3.5mm headphone socket?

So tell me, which current N-Series phones don't have a 3.5mm headphone socket?
That one word makes all the difference :) There were plenty of N series that didn't have a 3.5mm socket, but I don't know about the current ones. I'd guess most do these days.

HTC devices do also.

The new Sony Experian has a 3.5mm audio socket!

HTC devices do also.

Many HTC devices have an extended USB connector for audio, which requires an adaptor to convert to 3.5mm.

iPhone................

Samsung Tocco comes with an adapter thingy so you can use normal headphones, but the adapter is a bit too flimsy for my liking.

Sony Xperia X1 :)

Hello everyone.

My Nokia N73 is slowly dying so I am now on the hunt for another mobile but this time I want 1 with a 3.5mm headphone socket so I can listen to podcasts and music at work and on the move. It's very hard to find which phones have these sockets. Could anyone please point me in the direction of which older models of mobiles have these please as I don't want to spend alot of money on another phone that could be dead in a year or 2.

Also my mate has a phone (sorry can't remember which 1) that has a built in fm transmittor. Anyone know what other phones have these please.

Many thanks for your help.

The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has a 3.5mm headphone socket and you get the headphones and one of those attachments that you can add to the headphones to adjust the volume/answer calls etc (not sure what their called).:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom