Which Mobile Phone would you choose and why? :)

MarkieMark2014

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting one of these phone but am not sure which? Which Mobile Phone Would you choose out of these and why?:

Samsung Galaxy S3
Iphone 4S
Sony Xperia S
Samsung Galaxy Note

Or should I wait for the Iphone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

Many Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would wait a month and see what the Iphone 5 has to offer. It normally sets a lot of benchmarks for spec, software and price (the Apple tax). I left the Apple stable a few months ago and now have samsung S3 - its a great device and I have no regrets about moving from my Iphone 3GS. When Iphone 5 comes out it will likely be £40 month plus £100 for the handset on a two year deal. you may also see some pricing pressure on the rivals as they try to keep the share they have gained in the last few months.

Hi

I bought a first gen iPhone from the states as soon as it went on sale. Then the iPhone 3G, then the 3Gs, then the 4 and currently have 2 iPhone 4s. I am sure that I am going to end up buying iPhone 5.

My reasoning is that once I bought an iPhone it sort of encouraged me to look towards apple when we needed a new home pc. So we bought an iMac. Then when I wanted a laptop we ended up with a Macbook.

By having a mac's in the house and iPhones we stated to use iCal and then got @me email addresses and before long we were caught inside the Apple net.

I tried out some blackberry handsets over the years and a few months back bought an galaxy s3. However they all got sold on and now I am sort of convinced that I am going to be stuck with Apple for a long time.

Everyone is different but for me it all just works. I like not having to download photos of my phone, they are already on my macbook via photo stream. I like that our house and my personal calendar's can be accessed from my phone. I like that I can share apps with my other half without having to buy twice. I like that notes and reminders show up on the macbook and the phones. It all just works for me.

I know that Android handsets tend to be cheaper and that they do all of this and maybe more. However in my view its just not as polished. Its a bit clunky!

Alex

All four of the devices you've listed are due to be superseded in the not too distant future, so I would wait. When the new models come out you may prefer them, or you may get the current ones cheaper. Either way, it's a bad time to buy, IMO, especially since we're only talking another month or so tops.

This minute the S3. Wait a bit and there is new phones on the way. Are you not considering the Windows 8 phones either?

I'm interested in this too.

When I got my current phone, the HTC Desire HD on Android, I found Android great, but a bit clunky. Everyone with an iPhone raved about how they "just work" so when my wife needed a new phone, I recommended the iPhone 4s.

It does "just work" but it's incredibly limited. From the very basic - the keyboard is terrible: swiftkey for Android is miles ahead - to the more advanced - I find the range of apps for Android incredible. iPhones are better for games, and looks slicker, but I think you can do more on Android.

I'm not underselling the "just works" ethos though. It's a real appeal.

The HTC has some faults - I drop calls every now and then, and it has been fiddly to tweak.

The choice for me is between the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5. I think I'm gonna wait like Capolaholic and RobM recommend.

Can anyone advise re the new models due out and worth looking out for?

Thanks for any help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom