1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which mobile is best for MP3?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Sword, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Sword

Sword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

Looking to combine my mobile with my MP3 for listening to audio books - so it MUST have a resume facility. No need for wads of storage - but ease of mp3 use and transfer are essential. Would ideally also like a radio built in...

Is there anything out there now or should I wait for the new sony-ericsson's that are coming in June?

Comments muchly appreciated :)
    ta,
    Sword

2. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    there's the nokia 6230, 6230i, moto v635, e398. sony ericsson k750 has an RDS radio and playlists (at last).

3. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my experience the perfect Music players have been Nokia Series 60 handsets (7610,6670,6260,so on) but if you have a strong pocket you can get the mOTO MPX 200 ( £50 ODD) and is great with the windows media play- synchronisation is second to none with computer or as an alround phone and music player the MPX 220 (upgraded mpx 200) which has Bluetooth, 1.3 MP camera and of course Windows Media for more details visit www.gsmarena.com/motorola_mpx220-668.php ;)

4. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Without wanting to inflame the gentleman above (who I know has an intense disliking of the item I'm about to suggest!), the Samsung D500 sounds pretty good on mp3's, although I'm not sure how it compares (soundwise) with the others. It has 96 mb's of inbuilt storage, so if your needs are not too demanding, then this could be one to consider.

Great phone to boot! :)

5. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    I concur, some people just seem to have "nokia Blinkers"!! Don't have a D500 myself but my wife does and the MP3 playback on the D500 is V.V.Good.

I have an XDA2s with a 1Gb storage card and get about 12-15 full albums of MP3 or WMA on this at 128k b/rate and swear by it. but as yer man before said it depends on the size of your pockets

6. DanUserXXX

DanUserXXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The samsung D500 plays mp3 and plays music videos. medium size screen looks amazing. nokia is not good

7. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The whole reason for hating the D500 is infact the music player because it dosent Support MP4/AAC and sound is poor without the sound boxwhich makes it awkward to carry in the pocket but i use the MPX 200 myself which also supports Windows Audio File - i have ordered the mpx 220 which has the features i mentioned before :thumbsup:

8. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nokia series 60 phones are the best. Expandable memory if you need more memory. Choice of proper software for mp3 playing rather than the barebones mp3 players phones ussualy have. It also has ability to add codecs like ogg, avi etc.

Check out the new Nseries phones www.nseries.com

N91 has a 4GB. Its the ultimate feature phone. N90 and N70 may suit you better depending on your needs. N90 aimed at picture takers for exmaple and N70 being compact yet powerful.

9. mallu2478

mallu2478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I regularly use the N70 for listening to Audiobooks. I use a Viking MP3Player and it has the resume feature. Also try N70 as a Music Player.

10. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Think the OP may have already chosen his new phone as that thread is now 14 months old!!!!

Hell I've had 3 different phones since posting in that thread!

Anyhow the upcoming W950i looks like the MP3/Phone to beat

11. gaanrowl

gaanrowl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i think the s/e walkman range i have a w810 and it fantastic the sound qaulity and easy to use. the computer software is not bad either and you also get a 512mb memory card

12. canardo

canardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Wouldnt it be great though if they just supplied a std 3.5mm headphone socket, id actually use mine as a walkman then

13. gaanrowl

gaanrowl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i agree but it not a massive pain in the a*se using the supplied jack is it.

14. dingwall

dingwall
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I'm pleasantly surprised by my W810i too.

Didn't buy it specifically for mp3 as I have a Nano, but it's actually better than the ipod at navigating through tracks/skipping/fast-forwarding etc. In fact, the screen is clearer and brighter and the battery life longer!

The big downside is the supplied method of song transfer seems a bit cumbersome, but I haven't tried it much as just put my songs on and left it at that. Other niggles are the supplied headphones give me a headache, but any 3.5mm phones can be used, and you need to use the EQ to get a sound similar to the ipod and then it's still not quite as good, but 95% of the way there.

I like the headphone adapter - no more hassle than a 3.5mm jack (?) yet with the bonus that it doesn't fall out when on the move or in the gym as can sometimes happen otherwise.

I've only used the Motorola V3i which has some kind of mp3 capability as comparison, although I think that's taking liberties with the description so useless was it!

15. sbaddison

sbaddison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Being a long time lover of SE products, I first dabled with MP3's on my K750i with the better headphones & a 2GB card. Was fantastic. Now have a W810i which is about the same but more music focused. It has a better camera (faster shutter speed, less blur) and a brighter screen but looks worse than the 750 IMO (too modern for me):eek:

Cheers,

Simon