Which make for Outstanding Picture Quality?

deaf cat

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Are there one or two manufactures that stand out amongst the crowed for amazing picture quality? [standard definition as well as HD]

Other bits and bobs like sound, style, ease of use etc, not really fussed about, picture 1st:smashin:

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers :)

Pioneer plasmas are on the top!!!!!At lcd the best are SONY,SAMSUNG AND PHILIPS(Only the 9xxxx series)

pioneer no question about it, but if going lcd go with samsung or sony or sharp. all have good image although sony seems to lqack in black levels compared to samsung

out of the lcds- its the samsung m8 series.

not sure on the plasmas.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I'll start with the Pioneer plasmas, check prices and sizes and then check out the other mentioned LCD's especially Samsung, as I think 32 is probably the biggest out dinky lounge can take.

:smashin:

You could try to squeeze in a 37'' Panasonic plasma, they're usually very well rated in reviews.

Fujitsu (allegedly), at a price, when it arrives.
Search this forum for Fujitus and you should find a quite long thread about it.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Pioneers are only 780 though, aren't they?

You could try to squeeze in a 37'' Panasonic plasma, they're usually very well rated in reviews.

Tut tut tut 37's not too far from 42 :)
If the pics are better than LCD though, I'll see if I can track one down:thumbsup:

Tut tut tut 37's not too far from 42 :)
If the pics are better than LCD though, I'll see if I can track one down:thumbsup:

True but it's closer to the 32'' you reckoned was about your size.

For what its worth, there's only 81mm difference between the width of the TH37PX70 (917mm) and the TX32LXD700 (836mm). :cool:

Sorry, I meant 768, i.e. 'HD Ready' rather than Full HD.

Pioneer do both 768-line and 1080-line sets, although the 1080-line sets are only just coming out now and are considerably more pricey the the standard fare.

We'll be adding the "full-HD" LX508XD to our website next week at £3495 to include delivery and a 5-year warranty.

Tony

If deaf_cat only wants 32inch, neither LCD or plasma will do 1080 resolution at that size....it'd be a bit pointless anyway unless it was being used as a PC monitor on your desk!

For 32inch LCD I'd check out the Sony 32D3000. Gets excellent reviews, check out the sony d3000 thread on this forum.

FYI, a useful review of the D3000:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL32D3000/

We don't really have a need for HD so Full HD is a bit OTT for us at the mo.

I understand the 768 1080 thing :thumbsup:
I think:)
768 HD
1080 Full HD

As long as the thing is HD and plays normal programs and dvds well, its fine for us, and a little future proof....

:smashin:

Cheers for all the tips plenty of testing to do now :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom