• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

'Which Magazine' subscriber - Help please

Veni Vidi Vici

Would a kind 'Which Magazine' subscriber mind checking the latest reviews of integrated washing machines for me and letting me know what one they recommend? The cheaper ones preferable, nothing over £500. Just a washing machine only, not a combined dryer.

Any help most appreciated.

Gerbil

Four that may fit the bill. I ticked the box for integrated but I haven't double checked to make sure they actually are.

Hotpoint BHWMD742 74% June 2012
Hotpoint BHWM129(/1) 74% July 2010
Zanussi ZWi71201WA 69% May 2011
Whirlpool AWO/D050/2 69% Apr 2012

Just in case you decide to push the budget

Bosch ZWi71201WA 73% Oct 2007 but still available £569

Veni Vidi Vici

Four that may fit the bill. I ticked the box for integrated but I haven't double checked to make sure they actually are.

Hotpoint BHWMD742 74% June 2012
Hotpoint BHWM129(/1) 74% July 2010
Zanussi ZWi71201WA 69% May 2011
Whirlpool AWO/D050/2 69% Apr 2012

Just in case you decide to push the budget

Bosch ZWi71201WA 73% Oct 2007 but still available £569

Thank you my friend, will check them out

Gerbil

Although I find that increasingly, Which? reviews aren't worth a light.

I signed up when I needed to replace our toaster. Their recommended model was a vast improvement on our previous John Lewis one. Toast done edge to edge and very consistent. So little to ask but seemingly unachievable by so many toasters. I'm now in toasting heaven :)

The toaster experience did make me a bit more forgiving of the standard of motoring journalism shown in the Golf Mk7 review in their magazine. The main complaint seemed to be the lack of acceleration in sixth gear:confused:

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I signed up when I needed to replace our toaster.
Funnily enough it was a toaster that seemed to start the rot a few years back. Bought a rather expensive Krupps on the back of their glowing review only to find it was yet another brown patchwork job.

Then I noticed that increasingly when trying to buy the "best buy" in their reviews, it had been discontinued many months previously. The they started publishing user reviews that seemed to frequently pan their best buys as heaps of junk. The last thing they caught me with was a Panasonic microwave that turned out to be the single worst thing I've bought in years. :mad:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
ISE - they are built in Sweden to be near the Volvo lorry factory.
Yes, they use lorry wheel bearings for the drum. Very reliable and the emphasis is on paying for a good machine so they don't charge a fortune for spares.
This was set up by engineers who got sick of the rip-off for spares and has engineer's features - if the controller ever locks up you hold the start button down for 5 seconds and it performs a hard reset etc..

Veni Vidi Vici

Although I find that increasingly, Which? reviews aren't worth a light.

Agreed. Recently unsubscribed after paying for a number of years.

There are loads of places to get free reviews online.

Yeah I agree, loads of reviews elsewhere but I like the fact Which are impartial, you never know the agenda on some reviews sites and whether they favour a particular brand. You will always get duff models no matter what you buy but I don't think you will go to far wrong with their Best Buys, especially if you can buy them from a decent shop like John Lewis.

Veni Vidi Vici

ISE - they are built in Sweden to be near the Volvo lorry factory.
Yes, they use lorry wheel bearings for the drum. Very reliable and the emphasis is on paying for a good machine so they don't charge a fortune for spares.
This was set up by engineers who got sick of the rip-off for spares and has engineer's features - if the controller ever locks up you hold the start button down for 5 seconds and it performs a hard reset etc..

I've seen these online, they don't sell an integrated model though and are quite expensive, almost £900 I think. They have 10 year warranties though which is excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom