• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Which MacBook?.

jonna

Distinguished Member
Replacing my Windows Desktop and I'm looking at Apple MacBooks, I need it powerful enough and with enough memory and storage for video editing. Willing to spend £1600 but I can get a top spec Laptop for £1000 so I need convincing for or against. Any help would be much appreciated.
If I bought one which model and spec'?.

LJx

You would probably be looking at the macbook pro 15 inch which is quad core the prices start at £1700 and thats the model without dedicated graphics the one with the 750M is £2200 unless you can get student prices which are 15% off. Like you say you can get a laptop that is more powerful for under a £1000, so it would take some convincing. iMac might get you a better deal

jonna

Distinguished Member
Thanks, I don't want an IMac because I am going to covert my computer room into a utility room as I don't need that much space ( thanks to my Ipad) so a powerful laptop seems an ideal solution.

mucca_D

I have just been out in Orlando and fully intended to buy a 13" however i bought a magazine "So a Mac, but which one" in the airport and after reading it over a few times and checking the bank account/awesome exchange rate, I bought the 15" with 750M. Worked out with the local tax £1702 :)

I am so glad I did. have not turned the PC on once since I have been home!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom