Which LTE Tablets can send music in LDAC or LHDC Bluetooth Codec?

TechnoMax

Novice Member
Reaction score
Finally I want to try to go wireless with my music (512 GB microSD card). At least partly. I do not want to have another Bluetooth headphone (I have some on ear and IEMs) but this time I want to try a Bluetooth receiver to feed my wired IEMs or over ear headphones. My favourite so far is the Shanling UP4 as it has a dedicated volume wheel and supports better Bluetooth codecs als LDAC and LHDC / HWA.

I read a few times that since Android 8.0 every device has LDAC support and some even LHDC. No, this is not true, at least for me:
Neither my Huawei Mate 10 that was billed as the first to support LHDC does offer this for me nor my Samsung tablet S6 which only has SBC! (I enabled developer options on all my Android devices.) The best device I have regarding Bluetooth is my newly bought backup smartphone, a super cheap Xiaomi Poco M3: This has every better codec activated, aptX HD, LDAC and LHDC. But i like to have a nice "big" screen of 10 inch or so for decent album art and therefore I am searching for a tablet with LTE as the only device to take on a ride to the park (I have a multi-SIM contract).

Is there a decent modern tablet (that supports 512 GB microSD cards ) that actually supports LDAC or LHDC/HWA codecs?
(Perhaps the Huawei MediaPad M5? The faster Huawei MatePad Pro has LHDC but accepts only the proprietary smaller NM cards)

Finally I want to try to go wireless with my music (512 GB microSD card). At least partly. I do not want to have another Bluetooth headphone (I have some on ear and IEMs) but this time I want to try a Bluetooth receiver to feed my wired IEMs or over ear headphones. My favourite so far is the Shanling UP4 as it has a dedicated volume wheel and supports better Bluetooth codecs als LDAC and LHDC / HWA.

I read a few times that since Android 8.0 every device has LDAC support and some even LHDC. No, this is not true, at least for me:
Neither my Huawei Mate 10 that was billed as the first to support LHDC does offer this for me nor my Samsung tablet S6 which only has SBC! (I enabled developer options on all my Android devices.) The best device I have regarding Bluetooth is my newly bought backup smartphone, a super cheap Xiaomi Poco M3: This has every better codec activated, aptX HD, LDAC and LHDC. But i like to have a nice "big" screen of 10 inch or so for decent album art and therefore I am searching for a tablet with LTE as the only device to take on a ride to the park (I have a multi-SIM contract).

Is there a decent modern tablet (that supports 512 GB microSD cards ) that actually supports LDAC or LHDC/HWA codecs?
(Perhaps the Huawei MediaPad M5? The faster Huawei MatePad Pro has LHDC but accepts only the proprietary smaller NM cards)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 supports LDAC/Aptx. It's the LTE version I own. Nice tablet and not too expensive. Use it with my Hiby W3 which also supports LDAC.

The hint to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 sounds good: My newest phone, a Poco M3 also has a Snapdragon 662 as CPU and it can handle music apps fast enough for me. But it always falls back to aptX when connected to my Sony LDAC headphones. It obvoiusly is not easy to get the highe codecs really working.

I finally had success: After Chris from techtabletsw.com advised buying the Lenovo P11 Pro directly from China as XiaoXin Pad Pro I bought one for online reading. After two weeks it arrived.

And to my surprise it has all current Bluetooth-Audio-Codecs: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive-Audio, aptX TWS+Audio, LDAC. And it connected without any problems to my Sony Blueetooth headphone mit LDAC (and aptx HD). Stable connection in all rooms of our flat. The only feature it is missing is LTE. But for music listening from the big SD card with a nice big screen for the covers in good wireless quality this is perfect.

(Perhaps the Huawei MediaPad M5? The faster Huawei MatePad Pro has LHDC but accepts only the propriet

I am looking for an inexpensive tablet that can send music in LDAC too, I went to the samsung customer service site and asked about the galaxy tab A7 and A7 lte in a chatbox and they said " the A7 and A7 lte Do Not Support LDAC", if anyone knows of an inexpensive LDAC supported wifi tablet Please tell me . ty

Last edited:
I am looking for an inexpensive tablet that can send music in LDAC too, I went to the samsung customer service site and asked about the galaxy tab A7 and A7 lte in a chatbox and they said " the A7 and A7 lte Do Not Support LDAC", if anyone knows of an inexpensive LDAC supported wifi tablet Please tell me . ty
It seems that the Samsung agent you spoke with doesn't know their product. The A7 supports LDAC. Here's a screen grab from my A7 showing LDAC codec selected under dev options, and also the Hiby Blue app for my W3 Bluetooth dongle.
Screenshot_20211227-003252_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20211227-003715_HiBy Blue.jpg

So much mis and non information out there. especially confusing when each manufacturer can make their own feature choices and not be clear about them all on the specs. ty
does that include the A7 lite ?

Last edited:
So much mis and non information out there. especially confusing when each manufacturer can make their own feature choices and not be clear about them all on the specs. ty
does that include the A7 lite ?
Mines the A7 LTE, I'm afraid I can't be 100% sure about the A7 Lite. I would expect it to support LDAC given it's running Android 11 and LDAC support was added natively to Android from 8 onward (off the top off my head - please correct me here if I'm wrong)

Maybe give one a try from somewhere you can return easily?

A7 lite shows the same thing, dont have ldac headphones to fully confirm.

yeah, when i google A7 lte it invaribly comes up as A7 lite on ebay,amazon and other places. my cell phone has LDAC but when someone calls its interrupted so a cheap tablet with LDAC is a must. I bought a smsl da9 amp and the su9 dac about a month ago. currently running it on a refurbished bose acoutimas 5 set up i bought on cheap $$. am interested in finding something li'l better than that though.

Last edited:
i just got my A7 lite but i dont know how to enable ldac on it, can you explain please ?...NVM i found out from samsung the galaxy tab A7 LITE does not support LDAC but the A7 LTE does though .

Last edited:
i just got my A7 lite but i dont know how to enable ldac on it, can you explain please ?...NVM i found out from samsung the galaxy tab A7 LITE does not support LDAC but the A7 LTE does though .
First, connect your LDAC device via Bluetooth.

Then, go into the Bluetooth settings on the tablet. You should see a list of devices that are/have been connected. Find the connected device.

You should see a little cog symbol next to the device name. Press it. Then you'll find a setting for 'codec' with LDAC and a slider type button. Enable this.

Once done, LDAC will be available. However, please note that it defaults to 'adaptive' bitrate.
If you want to adjust this to prioritise audio quality then you can do so via the developer options menu. You may need enable dev options:-

First, connect your LDAC device via Bluetooth.

Then, go into the Bluetooth settings on the tablet. You should see a list of devices that are/have been connected. Find the connected device.

You should see a little cog symbol next to the device name. Press it. Then you'll find a setting for 'codec' with LDAC and a slider type button. Enable this.

Once done, LDAC will be available. However, please note that it defaults to 'adaptive' bitrate.
If you want to adjust this to prioritise audio quality then you can do so via the developer options menu. You may need enable dev options:-

Nothing news about Lite version? I'm interested to buy it for same reason

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom