• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Which loft aerial.

$lim$hady

Now that I have got a new Ariel, i now want to buy a signal booster to replace the dead one i have but I need to check what I am buying is the right thing.

I currently have a cheap booster
Toolstation > Electrical > TV & Satellite > Amplifier

And I am thinking of getting this one
SLx 2 Way Aerial Amplifier with digital bypass: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I understand the new item i want is a Ariel amplifier, and the most effect product but is that different to what I had and would I plug it in the same way?

Member 470573

Standard Member
Now that I have got a new Ariel, i now want to buy a signal booster to replace the dead one i have but I need to check what I am buying is the right thing.

I currently have a cheap booster
Toolstation > Electrical > TV & Satellite > Amplifier

And I am thinking of getting this one
SLx 2 Way Aerial Amplifier with digital bypass: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I understand the new item i want is a Ariel amplifier, and the most effect product but is that different to what I had and would I plug it in the same way?

Yep its the same thing, only difference is the SLX one has half the gain that your old one has/had so will not boost as good.

Maybe have a look at this one, has a lot more gain if needed and is variable: Philex 1- Way Aerial Signal Booster

grahamlthompson

In memoriam

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom