1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which LOEWE to buy?!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by OBI-1, Apr 24, 2003.

1. OBI-1

OBI-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a LOEWE 32" FLAT widescreen tv, but I am struggling to work out which one to get!

Picture quality is my main deciding factor, closely followed by the style of the tv ( Articos on that hugely expensive stand looks awesome ). I am not bothered about Dolby processing or Digital TV

I just wondered whether there is a major picture quality difference between the Vitros, Articos, Aconda, Mimo2 etc. I don't want to sacrifice picture quality for the sake of saving only a few hundred quid. Also, my local dealers (John Lewis & House of Fraser) only stock a few models of the vast range so I can't compare every set like for like!!

( a LOEWE high street shop with all models on display would
    be great!! )

budget is circa £1500, and if anyone has bought from a reputable online dealer pls advise URL)

Thanks in anticipation all you LOEWE lovers..:suicide:

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I'm fortunate enough to have that :D.

You won't find an Articos for around £1500 so if you cannot push your budget to around the £1800 mark, you can count that out of the running. TV & Video Direct are the cheapest online retailer I've seeen on teh entire Loewe range.

Only the Articos 32 and Aconda 9381ZW/9581ZW Select/9281 Living models now have the Q2500H chassis which includes some extra features over the other models you mention. These mainly consist of PAP (split screen picture/picture), 4 x 40W speakers as opposed to 2 x 25W ones and a few other digital processing modes.

Certain Aconda 9281ZW Living models utilised a Toshiba tube but I'm not sure if this is still the case. Disregarding the various picture processing modes, the Mimo, Aventos, Vitros, Aconda, Articos should all share the same great picture. Point of note though is that the Articos has a Antiflex-Filter that improves screen contrast and gives a slight edge on the others in terms of picture quality.

I own the Aconda 9381ZW which had the most appealing looks to me. I would have went for the Articos but it hadn't been released at the time.

3. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered myself a Mimo 32" from the very company which groundy mentions - tvandvideodirect I was initially looking towards the Articos, but in the end I decided that the few extra niceties it had over the Mimo were not really worth an extra 640 quid of my hard earned!! :D

From people's opinions on Loewe in general, I don't think you can really make a mistake whichever model you get. Just buy with your eyes and don't make too big a deal of it, I was umm'ing and ahh'ring for ages over Sony 36"ers and rear projection blah blah blah, in the end I just thought "Sod it, it's only a TV and when and if I get bored of it, I'll stick it in the bedroom and buy myself another!" :smoke:

Just make sure it has the features you NEED, i.e The right number of scarts (RGB etc.) and go with your gut instinct.

Stay in touch

SMP