Which LNB?

pantages

I have an LNB on the dish with two connectors and also another (spare) with four connectors marked Sky MK4L. I had Sky Q, later cancelled it, and now getting it back for self-installation but I can't remember which is the correct LNB. My memory has failed me, (aged 79). I tried using the GZ950 connection for satellite tv but the selection of channels was poor and didn't stay with it. I seem to remember that I was advised to use a wideband LNB which I think is the one that is in place. I think the MK4 was for Sky+. I will be self-installing a new Sky Q UHD HDR box on Wednesday. Any advice is appreciated. :thumbsup:

JonMace

A quick google seems to show that the MK4 is suitable for Sky+ / freesat, so it will be the 2 port one for sky Q

pantages

Thank you. I think it is fairly obvious to be that one but I wanted to be sure before I got out my ladder! I guess I was overthinking it! :thumbsup:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
2-port is $ky Q, which is wideband and why the Panny couldn't work it properly and gave only a few channels.

Had you swapped LNB to the older Mk4 the Panny would have worked fine and may even have worked OK as a recorder (having two satellite tuner inputs, it appears). The 950 is not Freesat (so no 7-day EPG). Thus it'd be hard work using it and keeping tuning up to date as it's just a FTA sat TV set.

pantages

Thanks for that, much appreciated and me a little wiser now!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom