Which LG to go for?

sevenxl77

I'm in the market for a new TV but unsure as to which model to go for.

I have a budget of around £1100 and don't really want to go above 55 inches. The TV will mainly be used for Netflix/Amazon and playing Xbox Series X/PS5.

I do want the option of playing 120FPS and I understand certain LGs have this option.

I've had a look online and there are so many different LGs that I'm a bit confused as to which is the best to get at my price point and where from.

Also open to other makes within my price range 😀

DavidT

Can you get an LG CX in your price range, if so that's what I would be looking at, just be careful with still images and possible screen burn.

sevenxl77

I've been looking o the John Lewis website but couldn't find the CX. They have the 55B16LA, I'm wondering if that's this year's model?

Wing80surfer

I love the CX for PS5 gaming & films. If you can find it I would've thought that you will be able to pick one up in your price range. The newer model (C1) is £1300 on John Lewis. JL also do 5 yr accidental damage cover which includes screen burn if you're worried about OLED screens in that regard, cover is £140.

That being said, generally when do you think the TV will get the most use? I find that the performance in light/bright rooms isn't the best, especially when viewing darker content. I'm okay with this though as most of the time I use it in evenings.

Wing80surfer

Correct! The letter denotes how far up the line it is (A = bottom of the line, Z = top) and the number corresponds to the year of release. C9 = 2019, CX = 2020 & C1 = 2021.

sevenxl77

Got it. Looking online it seems the key differences apart from price between the b1 and c1 are 2 x 2.1 ports vs 4 and a slightly better processor on the c1.

Wing80surfer

Yeah based on what I've read, the C1 processor does produce a better picture but the B1 doesn't exact produce a poor pic. So I suppose it boils down to
1) would you be happy to have the B1 knowing you might get a better image on the C1?
2) can you live with only 2 HDMI 2.1 ports?

sevenxl77

Yeah based on what I've read, the C1 processor does produce a better picture but the B1 doesn't exact produce a poor pic. So I suppose it boils down to
1) would you be happy to have the B1 knowing you might get a better image on the C1?
2) can you live with only 2 HDMI 2.1 ports?

Even though the B1 will blow my current TV picture out of the water, I wouldn't be happy knowing the C1 is the one to go for!

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Most 2020 stock will be sold out now, leaving overpriced 2021 stock. JL are one of the worst retailers to look at if you're looking for a good deal on outgoing stock, they usually replace their model lines with the new models faster than anyone else.

If you want a 2021 model, best wait for prices to become more reasonable. You shouldn't have to compare the B1 to the CX, the B1 is dimmer and a lower tier TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom