Which LG to buy?

johnnysharp2

Standard Member
Hi,

Been looking recently at buying a new flat screen TV, LED or LCD.
Searched intensively on the internet and eventually found what I thought was a bargain at Curry's, an LG 47LD450.
However, for my lounge it's really too big and I have dropped down now to a 42".

Having checked some different models I notice some have DIVX option, which is useful for me for my movie downloads.

I am considering the following:
LG42LE5900
LG42LD690
LG42LE5300
LG42LD490

Prices seem to be from around £429 upwards, do not really want to spend more than £600 though that's what the 5900 is coming in at, with so many to choose from it's hard deciding, I am also open to the 42LD450, however that doesn't have DIVX, a bargain though at £399.

Any opinions welcome. :)

johnnysharp2

Standard Member
Just added the LG 42LD790 to the list having checked another thread on this forum, looks good for £599 but.....that's 6 now I have to choose from, what do you guys think?

johnnysharp2

Standard Member
ok I think have it narrowed down to:

LG 42LE5900
LG 42LD790

I have seen the LD790 around £100 cheaper.

I mainly want a new TV for movies, sport though having DIVX option is something I want too.

Any advice, or other options please?

Kaotikz

Standard Member
i have just brought LG 42LD790 and WOW i love it havnt tested it out on me xbox yet but will later on 2night but the picture is quality and its 200hz aswell :)

Brought it about 3-4hours ago so still playing with it lol

Kev Russ

whats the viewing angle like mate, how is it on xbox (with game mode on), whats standard def like and how much did you pay!

enough questions for now:laugh:

johnnysharp2

Standard Member
i have just brought LG 42LD790 and WOW i love it havnt tested it out on me xbox yet but will later on 2night but the picture is quality and its 200hz aswell :)

Brought it about 3-4hours ago so still playing with it lol

Nice one, I think I need to see all the TVs I am interested in a store, just finding somewhere near me that has them all in.

sheep123

Standard Member
If you don't mind me asking, where have you guys been looking at/buying the 42LD790 from, and at what price?

I can't seem to find many places selling them.

Thanks.

johnnysharp2

Standard Member
If you google on the model name there are a couple of stores that appear to have it in, but I would want to see it too personally.

Last edited:

Kaotikz

Standard Member
If you don't mind me asking, where have you guys been looking at/buying the 42LD790 from, and at what price?

I can't seem to find many places selling them.

Thanks.

I got mine from richersounds in bristol for £649 i think we payed in total. with guarentte

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom